It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My issues with our world today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I wish this mankind wouldnt have developed with a money system like we did.
If we wouldve never started that, then communism would be possible, and it would be good.
But now that it has happened, communism could never work, and I would never want it to.. Because there are lazy idiots that would be feasting off the hardwork of others.

Money is the root of all evil.
I hate money.
Money makes beautiful things ugly. Money makes lush forests turn in to chemical concrete wastelands. It makes loving people kill.

And we're born in to a world where we have no choice..

We're born in to a world that is so deep in this money driven hell, that in order to SURVIVE we must have it..

And to have it, we have to work for it.
Work for who?

Working doesnt help me an ounce.
The work itself doesnt put food on my table, or a roof over my head. The work I do does nothing but make one of the few REALLY rich jerks in this world even more rich, and in turn he gives me a pathetic amount, "My share" I dont want that crap!

Its been a while since I read it, but there is an old quote I believe was originally said by a Native American man regarding white culture... and it goes:

After they cut down all of the tree's, and destroy all of the animals, and rape the earth of her minerals... They'll learn that you cant eat money.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I do agree.

We live in a materialistic world where success is measured on our bank statements. It is unfortunate. However, it is my goal in life to dedicate my work towards something that will benefit more than just myself. If all goes as planned, I am looking to open up a facility to house at-risk adolescent. I want to work with children with behavioral problems, in hopes of turning their lives around before they end up in a federal penitentiary.

I could not handle a life where I lived for a paycheck. I want to live for the relationships we bond in daily life.

When our number is called, were not going to remember how many figures were on our weekly pay or how expensive our car was. We will remember our loved ones and the good times we shared.

We can not change the world, but we can create an environment for ourselves that is worth living. Live a life worth living. Talk to strangers, say hello to random people who pass us on the sidewalk, take a moment of your own day to help someone else.

You'll sleep much better, I promise.

posted on Nov, 28 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
The thing is to realise that money is just an imaginary number. A number decided upon by the governing bodies. It can be easily manipulated to be a completley different value.

The trick in this is figuring out how.

Each person who comes to this realisation has their own way of doing it that generally wouldnt work in someone elses scenario, unless it were identical to theirs.

Heard the phrase "dont work for money, make money work for you" ? Theres alot more truth behind that than you may think.

... and no, you don't need thousands of dollars in investments.

Figure out what you're good at. Think of how it could be used to get you what you need and want. figure out what you need to start doing it, and make the investment.

All I needed was a saudering iron, an oscilloscope, and a set of screwdrivers, and other small tools. Like I said, each person finds their own way of doing it.

I typically don't work for money using this, sure, I have my regular job, but I rarely use the money I make from my regular job. The barter system is still alive and well... and it works perfectly against someone who has no idea how to use it.
Typically I barter repairs on electronics for supplies. I've got all the food, clothing, medical supplies, and luxuries I could want. All I use money for is rent, even that I've gotten around with the barter system a few times.

The greatest part. The taxman cant touch you!

Latest update : I got a Mig welder for repairing 3 mainboards. Their capacitors were burnt out due to dirty power supplies. The capacitors I already had laying around from salvages of other electronics. Now I have a Mig welder from the deal, and about enough wire and gas to last me a few months worth of heavy welding... pretty smart trade eh?

Another one I did was salvaging a Geo Storm.
For those who don't know the car, it's a damn nice car if you get it running right.
Only thing wrong was the piston rings were worn out, and the sparkplugs needed re-gapping. Plus some other electrical problems that seem to be inherrant in the design of that car.
Bought the car for 1500, sold it for 4000. Boom, 5 months rent right there.

[edit on 28-11-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Nov, 29 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vheissu2112
Money is the root of all evil.

Close, my friend! That saying is a biblical quote. Howeveryou are missing a few words. The quote is Supposed to say:

'For the love of money is the root of all evil"

It comes from the Bible: Timothy 6:10

It's a very true statement that actually is an indirect refrence to Greed!

Money is nothing more then a standard for trade. It allows people to assign a set value to an object and express that value to others. If people weren't so damn greedy, money would Not cause any problems.

Beyond that I agree with you 100%! We live in a self-distructive, materialistic world. Greed is destorying our society and it's values. I'm with you on that!

Tim

[edit on 29-11-2006 by Ghost01]

posted on Dec, 1 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
My problem with religion is how it uses basic concepts of right and wrong, things we'd allready know as common sense even if religion had never existed... this leads the religious to believe that 'common sense' wouldnt exist if it weren't for their religion.

This becomes aparrent when you're talking to most religious people. If you finally back them into the corner of "with blind belief aside why should anyone follow the bible" they immediately and almost tell you that it's the bible that tells you to be a good person. They don't tell you that the bible merely happens to re-itterate what we already know as common-sense, they seriously believe it's the bible and only the bible that tells them to be good.

I tell them that I live without religion, that I follow no code of any book, and that I live as a good person simply because I want to. Then I see if they can explain why I am able to be a moral citizen without any preachings, and they cannot.

The issue I have is, they simply cannot conceive of people being good people without the bible.
This tells me that they cannot be good people without the bible.
This therefore tells me that if they are left without the bible, those very people simply cannot be trusted to function on their own.
People who cannot be trusted to function without being told how to function simply cannot be trusted at all, and I want nothing to do with them.

To me, they are brainwashed. And the last person I want to trust is someone who is brainwashed by a system as flawed and out-dated as the freaking bible.

top topics

join