It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Puts Baby in Freezer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Originally posted by AHCivilE
Castration should be a legal form of punishment along with doing exactly what they did to the innocent child.

If it is illegal for them to do it, why would it be legal for us? If it sickens you that he had done this to another life, why would you condone allowing it to happen to him? An eye for an eye, will leave us all blind. Ghandi said that, good quote.

This man should face many years behind bars, nothing more. He should not be castrated, he should not be executed, and he should not be put in a freezer himself, he should face the punishment that our system has set out for him.

Hey Chissler - once again we're going to have a debate on our hands here. Cool, your a good adversary.
Before I really get into it with you I need to have one question answered and I hope you have the answer. What were the circumstances behind the babies coming out of the freezer? Did he take her out all by himself. Did someone else get involved, making him nervous? Did someone else remove her?

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Mom Charged in Baby's Microwaving Death

I read about this. Both of these cases are extremely disturbing. Luckily the freezer baby didn't die, but it would still be a horrible way to go.

Very sad.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I really can't believe that someone would be sick enough to but their baby in the freezer. What is wrong with people?! A cool bath, and some childrens aspirin works pretty darn good, and if it doesn't there is always the Emergency Room option at the local hospital. And in Canada too? Isn't medical free there, and no one is denied? What is the world coming to? It's really not uncommon anymore to hear on the News that some parent somewhere has killed their own child.

Thank God this baby lived.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
This is a good thread, and I don't want to hijack it. I'm going to start another on penalties for heinous crimes.

Jensouth, I could not agree with you more. How can anyone hurt a child? Especially their own! I don't get it. I just don't.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

Jensouth, I could not agree with you more. How can anyone hurt a child? Especially their own! I don't get it. I just don't.

How could hurt any child in a murderous sort of way....now mind you I've been around a couple a children that were such brats that they were in need of me stepping on their toes in front of their mom/dad...and then acting like it was a complete accident
But I'm talking about little kids that were pinching me, while their mom was laughing....so I waited...and opportunity knocked on my door.

Everyone knows that a freezer can not only frost bite someone...if lid closes..it's a suffocation thing too. The poor child was sick...I wouldn't want him for a nurse!

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo
What were the circumstances behind the babies coming out of the freezer? Did he take her out all by himself. Did someone else get involved, making him nervous? Did someone else remove her?

Well, to my knowledge, the man placed the child in the freezer under his own power. I'm not sure how much time passed, but the man removed the child from the freezer on his own as well. I do not think he was provoked, or forced to remove the child, but did it under his own power. However, if you look at the details very closely, you will notice the child had a bad bruise on his wrist to go a long with first and second degree frost bite.

Bruise on his wrist? Seems to me he was yanked from the freezer by one hand, with the weight of his body hanging from his fragile wrist. Shows very little awareness for the child. Its strange that this was a fact that highly disturbed me, just as much as the child in the freezer.

Why? Well his defense is that placing the child in the freezer was done with the childs best intentions at heart. Sick, twisted, demented, Yes but parents have made horrible decisions in the past. Maybe this man is really messed up and did not know the difference. But, dangling a baby from his wrist, or yanking him up by the wrist, causing serious bruising shows a complete disregard. He can make his defense for his placing the child in the freezer, but he can not defend pulling his child around in this manner.

L, I look forward to your reply. Let's have at it!

I do condone castration of people who have grossly abused their parental rights (I am not saying that it should be brutal, but it should be done).

Where is the justice in this? Why would this not be considered a criminal act? If someone murders your family member, and you murder that individual days later. Is it not murder? Or is that justified? No, a crime is a crime is a crime. What your asking for is for our justice system to commit a crime against a man who should be sent to prison.

Where is justice anymore?

Justice? Justice is the act of being fair. Our courts determine what punishments are fair for each crime. A criminal act against a criminal is not justice. It is vengeance.

Everything you speak of in this thread is vengeance. Stamping vengeance as justice is just as wrong as the criminal act in the first place.

posted on Nov, 30 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
he must've been one of those crazy hippies trying to make a California Cheeseburger and save it for later.

Anyone read "A modest Proposal"?

Maybe that would make more sense with the microwaved baby huh?

[edit on 30-11-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Dec, 2 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Guilty on two, Acquitted on two.

Man guilty of assault after putting baby in freezer

Derrick Hardy was found guilty in a Summerside, P.E.I., court on Friday of assault and unlawful confinement after putting a 10-month-old baby in a freezer last May.

Hardy, 21, was acquitted on two further charges.

Provincial court Judge Jeff Lantz found Hardy not guilty of criminal negligence causing bodily harm and assault causing bodily harm. Lantz said the case did not meet the definition of bodily harm.

The baby suffered second-degree frostbite and a bruise on her wrist from being abruptly picked up, the Crown said during the trial. The defence characterized the injuries as "a few red marks." Hardy did not testify at his trial, but in a videotaped interview with police, he said the baby had a fever and he was trying to cool her down. The defence said the incident was poor child care, not assault.

Lantz took almost an hour to read his decision. He quoted extensively from the videotaped interview. He said in light of other evidence at the trial, he did not find Hardy's explanations credible.

www.cbc.ca... ardy-guilty.html

The man will be sentenced on January 30. I'm slightly confused how the judge found him not guilty of criminal negligence causing bodily harm and assault causing bodily harm. His statement was that his actions did not meet the definition of bodily harm.

Yet the child suffered from extensive bruising and second degree frostbite.

I'm interested to see what sort of punishment the man is up against with his two charges. Assault and unlawful confinement, I surely hope these are going to carry some sort of prison sentence.

One sentence that is just glaring at me after reading the article is:

Lantz also worried about what might have happened if the baby's mother had not discovered the child so soon after the incident.

It seems that the mother came home to see the physical state of her child, and got her to the hospital. The father would of had to ignore the bruising and frostbite after removing her from the freezer, which I would hope, is going to play into the sentencing phase.

I'd have to say that I am disappointed that the man has been convicted on only half of his charges. Hopefully he will still be put behind bars for a lengthy period of time.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join