It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian ex-spy dies in hospital

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Alexander Litvinenko, the Russian ex-spy who said he was the victim of a poisoning, has died in hospital. Scotland Yard are treating it as an unexplained death and doctors are stll baffled as to what could have been used to poison him

news.bbc.co.uk
Friend Andrei Nekrasov told the Associated Press agency Mr Litvinenko's wife Marina, father Walter and his 10-year son Anatoli were by his side when he died.

Alex Goldfarb, speaking on behalf of Mr Litvinenko's family outside the hospital, said his death was a "terrible crime".

Russian dissident Oleg Gordievsky, a former KGB colonel and friend of Mr Litvinenko, maintained that the poisoning had been the work of the Russians.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I find this story amazing, it almost seems like something out of a movie. I believe it must have been the russians (former KGB). The fact that toxicologists cannot pinpoint what was used suggests that someone had access to an advanced lab and a good deal of knowledge to produce the poison.

I also think that the publicity of the whole ordeal was intentional. The russians will continue to deny any involvement and most of the public will buy it but the people they really wanted to get through to have got the message loud and clear.

see links below on Litvinenko's profile and detailed timeline tracking the chain of events prior to his death

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 24-11-2006 by g60kg]

[edit on 24-11-2006 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
There is an existing and updating current discussion in ATSNN on this topic.

Please contribute to the existing discussion.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

join