It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biggest Catfish i've ever seen..

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
National Geographic channel Just aired a show about these, and other huge fish.

It was on Sunday Dec. 3rd..And called HOOKED:monster fish.

It was crazy, watching those guys bring in the monster Mekong.
If I remember correctly it was the Mekong shown in the photo.

I just checked, and the show is on again, Dec 5th..So Heads UP!

There is some great video of some guys noodling, for Cats also..
in Case you aren't sure what noodling is..It's where you use your hands as bait, feeling around in the muddy riverbanks until something bites..then you simply grab it, and take it out...LOL

To quote one guy "I got bit many many times, snakes, turtles, scorpions(?), I just dont know why, I guess I just attract 'em" DOH!

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Check this out! Its no catfish but an alligator gar. Me and my dad used to bowfish these guys.

images.google.com...://www.earthwave.org/gars/treegar.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.earthwave.org/gar2.htm&h=226&w=179&sz=24&tbnid=K cwl7gvq7U_phM:&tbnh=108&tbnw=86&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dalligator%2Bgar%2Bpictures&start=2&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=2

posted on Dec, 5 2006 @ 12:20 AM
link   
That's a huge fish, but the largest catfish ever caught was over 700 pounds, it was in the papers about 2 years ago.

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 07:53 PM
link   
So how did he drag it up? that thing looks like it could pull a man under, and unless they were deep sea fishing on a troller (which I highly doubt, this is a river catfish is it not?) I would bet money this is fake

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
hi catfish!

the video I saw showed them wrestling it up to shore.
It was caught in a net that they had put out in the river..

posted on Dec, 8 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
China is suppose to have large salmon 40 feet long which can be seen from the sky. Don't know how true it is because I don't think theres any pics.

posted on Dec, 9 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
hi catfish!

the video I saw showed them wrestling it up to shore.
It was caught in a net that they had put out in the river..

Amazing stuff. Though, I based my theory on my experience with fishing (which is limited). That thing is about the size of my boat

posted on Feb, 26 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I have actually seen bigger Catfish than that one ... Well it didn't quite look that big ... but it was up in the 300---lbs ... Actually I didn't see it ... but , it was recorded at Lake Texoma ....

Originally posted by kojac
A british man has caught an eight foot long, 226 pound catfish..

Is this for real? That's got to be the biggest fish i've ever seen!

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   
When I was visiting a relative in Kelowna B.C. she was telling me that the bridge that spands the Okanagan was delayed construction during the time it was being built because some of the divers that were filling in the concrete supports at the lakebed quit because they were freaked out by the large fish that came within feet of them. The divers claim there were catfish over 8 feet long in large schools. The funny thing is that there is supposed to be a lake monster in the okanagan called Ogopogo (sorta like Loch ness) anyways i think people were just seeing huge katfish come to the surface

posted on Feb, 27 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Actually, I think most every region in the U.S. has an urban myth of
divers doing something mundane and encountering giant fish ( usually
catfish ) of some sort.
Most of these myths say the fish could swallow a man whole, or was the
size of a V-Dub.

My mythological 2 cent,
Lex

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>