It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lenticular clouds -- aka UFO clouds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Check out these pictures of Lenticular clouds.

Apparently they are caused by a change in water vapor..? Not quite sure. Here is a site that kind of explains it, but I don't think I understood it since I can't re-explain it!

Awe inspiring! I continue to be amazed by the weird, yet completely natural, things that occur... (makes me feel better about being 'abnormally normal'!
)

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Since I spend most of my outdoor life looking skyward, I do enjoy cloud formations.
However, those pics are AWESOME !!! With a few days food, I'd LOVE to sit and watch clouds like that !! For a few days, hence, the food.

Lex

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
That web site does not not explain it very well.

They do not necessarily occur only over mountaintops, although they are common there.

Sometimes they are locally called 'snowboats', because they often form preceding a major winter storm.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Some good pictures there for sure. Probably half of them look like real clouds but the other half look like UFOs. Some believe that ufos can appear as clouds in some fashion and may use this as disguise. It may also be the craft in some other state of existance which appears to us as a cloud.

They need to test these to make sure that the really rounded ones are the same as the more natural looking clouds to be sure that they can call them all lenticular clouds if you ask me.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
... Some believe that ufos can appear as clouds in some fashion and may use this as disguise. It may also be the craft in some other state of existance which appears to us as a cloud....

That's a good one!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Those pictures are truly outstanding!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Outstanding! Just WOW!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It was kinda hard to find a video.
But here is one at Mount Ranier.
It give you a slightly better idea of how the clouds form because of a small rotating low pressure area, induced by the terrain.

Pretty cool to watch
video.google.com...

[edit on 26-11-2006 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Seen at least three today, over mont blanc they are incredible to look at!

new topics

top topics

join