It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon keeping tabs on groups perceived as security threat!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Dems want to see citizen-monitoring database

A year ago, an NBC News investigation revealed the existence of a secret Pentagon database that included information on antiwar protests and American peace activists.

Pentagon documents obtained by the American Civil Liberties Union provide new details on how even Quakers and churches came to be labeled "threats" worthy of the attention of the military.

Congress wants to know not just what data was collected, but why and how it was to be used.

source

McPhearson- an nbc news interviewee
"It angers me that the rights I'm supposed to be protecting I can't exercise without the government looking at me and calling me the enemy."

The man quoted here, has spoken the words of the feelings of a lot of Americans... myself included. We all have a constitutional right to voice our opinions, to protest peacable, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances. Bill of Rights

It is a shame that in our country people are more apt to be labeled as a terrorist (foreign or domestic) by exersicing their unalienable rights... under the guise of National Security.

Without the boogeyman of "terrorism", our government wouldn't have a leg to stand on in regards to "controlling" the general populous.

Vermont Sen. Patrick Leahy
"I fully intend to ask what's in those databanks, because many of them go way beyond any legitimate needs for our security."

I completely agree. There, IMO, is a hidden agenda behind labeling any "non-conforming" US citizen as a terrorist. IMO, the government is saying, "It's my way or the highway."

join