It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Score: US: 0 Iraq: 1

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Now its official.

United States has been beaten by the Iraqis.

Iraq war has devestated US military image like no other.

Insurgents have successfully managed to humble the mighty superpower.

President Bush has brought shame ans humiliation on the American people.

He cant just sack the Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.

President needs to be impeached.

CNN

Annan: U.S. trapped in Iraq

POSTED: 5:37 a.m. EST, November 21, 2006

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan said Tuesday that the United States was "trapped in Iraq," and urged Washington to carefully consider when would be the best time to pull out of the country so the withdrawal does not lead to a further deterioration of security.

"The United States in a way is trapped in Iraq," Annan said. "It cannot stay and it cannot leave. There are those who maintain that its presence is a problem and there are those who say that if it leaves precipitously, the situation will get worse."

Annan said the departure of U.S. troops from Iraq "should not lead to a further deterioration of the situation." The goal should be to leave when Iraqi authorities can ensure a "reasonable, secure environment," he said.

Annan, whose term ends at the head of the global body ends Jan. 1, said the war in Iraq, and the failure of the U.N. Security Council to prevent the invasion by U.S.-led forces, was the biggest regret he had from his 10-year tenure.

"I firmly believe that the war could have been avoided," he told reporters at the United Nations in Geneva. "The inspectors should have had a bit more time."

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 21-11-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Great, thanks Kofi, you just told us what we've all thought for about 3 years now. Don't spend all that blood money in one place.

Annan, whose term ends at the head of the global body ends Jan. 1, said the war in Iraq, and the failure of the U.N. Security Council to prevent the invasion by U.S.-led forces, was the biggest regret he had from his 10-year tenure.

Excuse me? I don't remember any contardiction from the UN about the US led invasion. As a matter of fact, I remember support because of a couple little resolutions that threatened the use of force for non compliance.

Good bye Kofi, and good riddance.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Didn't you made a thread similar to this? And what the heck you mean by its official America lost? Since when is the UN the referee? A scorecard?
American troops are still in Iraq. That is not losing.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:30 AM
link   
President had made Iraq "central to war against terrorism".

edition.cnn.com...

That means US had to win in Iraq

But things went from bad to worse to nightmarish.

Except for the Preseident himself, everyone else is now
acknowledgeing that we have lost in Iraq.

We will have to pull out sooner or later.

Now, basically, US has thrown in the towel.

War on terror is finished. Bush is now only dragging his feet.

Game over:

www.chron.com...
www.forbes.com...

[edit on 21-11-2006 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Gameover whatever, this is just the beginning. Even with change of Presidents they will all be still fighting this new wave of terrorism just as we have fought for decades my friend. Think of it as a new type of Cold War that would last for decades. We are fighting the 4th wave.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr conspiracy
Now its official.
United States has been beaten by the Iraqis.
Iraq war has devestated US military image like no other.
Insurgents have successfully managed to humble the mighty superpower.

I'll agree with the humbled part, but I wouldn't go as far as to say "beaten". You see the problem here is that we're trying to use soldiers are policemen. The occupation part isn't working out that well, but when it comes down to actual combat the insurgents are still being schooled like they are kindergartens. The insurgents are winning by just waiting things out and letting internal politics in the United States distract from actually sucessfully finishing the mission.

Meanwhile the Iraq is still in shambles and on the brink of interal civil war. If you want to call that a point for Iraq, then go ahead, but it's a really shallow victory. It's like winning the race because the guy 3 laps ahead of you decides to quit running.

EDIT: Perhaps the U.S. has it's sights on a different target now and Iraq is no longer an issue.

[edit on 21-11-2006 by dbates]

top topics

join