It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Legend Houdini's last trick, mind over matter!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:27 AM
link   
After Harry Houdini's mother had passed he spent many years debunking mediums and mystics. In his journey he had learned many things and met many people. Some who seemed to have great understanding of life after death and occult teachings. Before his death he was injured and became very ill, he consulted a friend when his life was in question. His friend knowing very much about the occult and it's true ancient workings told him about a formula he was told but never researched in fear of being right. This formula was the key of seeing when you would die. Harry sent someone to get his friend(10/29)Harry Houdini in such a grave state begged his friend to see this formula. His friend refused and stated that even if the formula was correct, would you really want to know? Harry continued to prod but his friend felt terrible refusing yet knowing Harry's condition. A day had passed now 10/30 and Harry was showing worse signs. His friend while at home had dug out his notes he collected while in study in Israel of mysticism and various ancient texts only few had acsess to. Later that morning Harry's friend went and visited him. With his notes in pocket he wrestled in his mind if he should give them to him. Harry's friend had refused to look at these papers since recieving them or look at them if he gave them to Harry. By mid day Harry's friend decided to give them these old notes. Harry was now alone and decided to look at them. The starting of the notes stated how pi works and the general understanding of pi and circumfrances. In these notes circumfrances were reffered to cycles. Further down the first page it showed how you would divide your birth date of pi. So now Harry grabbed a pencil and started;

March 24, 1874 (3241874/3.14159

He had dropped the notes unable to reach them after seeing the next day's date. He remembered on the notes about adding and subtracting three digits, thus followed.

1031192(1.41)55 1+4+1=6 getting 1926
1031921.4155 now the subtraction of 3 55-3=52

Harry now very distressed didn't know what to do and regretted ever looking. He spent the rest of the night reflecting his life. He had thought of looking at the notes again and seeing at what time but he refused to read anymore as he was already having a terrible time dealing with knowing it was the next day.

On 10-31-1926 Harry died at age 52 @ 1:26 PM

Harry never got to the second page of the notes where it stated that formula was just an example and if you were now sure you wanted to continue learning the theory of this form to continue reading. Thus the formula Harry did was just an example of how pi worked and a false example not to give the true formula of what value was needed to now circumfrance or cycle. As the first maker of the notes knew of how this could affect people.

This my firends is Harry's last trick entitled Mind over Matter. These notes,memoirs and letters were recently purchased at auction seemingly overlooked until now. The single page memoir was some of Houdini's last writtings, on 10-31 he sealed the notes of the formulas and wrote not to open and return to his friend. However when he died his belongings were returned to his wife and sat overlooked ever since.

yeht-

[edit on 20-11-2006 by yeht]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Nice find yeht.
I've always thought that the life of Harry Houdini was fascinateing to read about.
He was supposed to have told his wife that he would give her a "sign" after he died that he still existed.

I don't think that ever happened for her as far as what I've read.

"The sign" would be something that only she and he knew about.

[edit on 20-11-2006 by elaine]

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
i dont believe you. neither does my hat. since i cant figure out your cryptic math here tell me when im going to die.

october 08 1987

how the # i got my own birthday wrong i may never know
[edit on 11-20-2006 by forsakenwayfarer]

[edit on 11-20-2006 by forsakenwayfarer]

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
As the orig post said the formula is wrong! I wouldn't post the real formula. The hard point of the story is he never went past the first page or example formula.
The chance of getting that to happen is amazing and pi in itself is very interesting but you must consider if the value was only a birth date it would count for everyone born on that date.

Also on one of those occult hitler shows they made ref of his occult teacher showing him the formula.

Would you really want to know though? Not I!

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
There are a lot of legends surrounding Houdini's death. Most of them over-exaggerated stories and falsehoods. My guess is, that this is yet another one.

Maybe a source to anything could maybe make us less skeptic... Or maybe a better explanation of the math - even if it is a false formula, because there is absolutely no sense in the given formula (even though it is false).

You say, "I wouldn't post the real formula". Does this mean that you do have the real formula? Where did you obtain it? Why share the idea of the "secret" (mind over matter) but not the actual secret itself?

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
In common with other spurious numerology systems, this one seems to start from the position of knowing in advance what the “ correct “ answer is , and then proceeds to cherry pick digits from the source data , selecting or deselecting random digits and making ad-hoc arithmetic calculations, with one aim to reach the desired “answer “

Now this may “ work “ for Houdini’s death – but is it a scientifically valid method , or a one off massaging of the figures ?

Using exactly the same formula and methodology , can this “ system “ be used to correlate the birth and death dates of people other than Houdini ? with some statistical validity , i.e. correct calculations for 10 personalities randomly selected from a list of deceased statesmen , celebrities etc ? can it ?

Lastly – how many variables are used in this calculation – I share my DOB with 2 other people whom I know personally [ well enough to have their birthday in my computer calendar ] , are all three of us due to die on the same day ?

I seriously hope not – as I have a wish to dance on the grave of one

And on a more serious note – what of the people out there that share DOB and time of birth down to the second ? they do exist – will they die simultaneously ???

Bloody junk science numerology , it is all crap

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Harry Houdini and I share the same birthday March 24. I don't truly believe I'm gonna die one day on Halloween. But you never know I guess.

A man capable of so many amazeing physical feats surely could cause his own death just by willing it so. Imagine the iron will and mental concentration he must've had to do some of his stunts.

Especially if he truly believed that the date he first worked out was correct then "that was it" for him.

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   
hehe i tried it and got confused over the problem.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I think there is a misunderstanding. The formula much like what hitler believed is a formula based on a different value of course not birth date hence mind over matter you get scared of something or believe in something and it happens mind over matter.

Anyway the idea of pi is this if you measure the diam of a circle(cycle) than divide by pi you get the circumfrance(total legth of cycle). See the understanding and theory of having a formula based on pi.

The problem is you need to know the legth or cycle measurement one way to know the other way thus you are missing the value. It is not possible, ast least not this way with pi.

As far as me having the formula NO even if I did I would not admit it or even look at it. I would burn it and let it be lost to the wind. Imagine if you had this and let it out. Come on. I would be burnt at the stake ! No one wants to know and if you had a way and looked you would regret it all your life.

posted on Nov, 22 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
so youre admitting to knowingly posting false information? that is against the TOS of this site.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeht
I think there is a misunderstanding.

no , you lied to us - you claimed that it was a " formula " based on birthdates and pi - which could calculate the date of death .

now you claim it is not based on birthdates - but " something else " which you will not reveal , and pi

why the heck should be believe this new story ??

your origional version caved in at the first signs of challenge

so is it actually based on pi , or did you fabricate that "fact " too ?

The formula much like what hitler believed is a formula based on a different value of course not birth date hence mind over matter you get scared of something or believe in something and it happens mind over matter.

"hitler believed it too " , now we really have jumped the shark

i suggest you go back to basics and study the last days of harry houdini , with more care - instead of believing silly annecdotes

on the 29th of october he had been in hospital for 4 days - after collapsing he had acute peritonitis caused by an ruptured appendix .

if he had sought medical assistance earlier [ ie the 22nd ] he might have lived , but given 1920s medical technology , by the 29th he was doomed

so mind over matter had chuff all to do with it ,

< SNIP THE REST - IT WAS INCOHERENT BABBLE >

top topics

join