It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken Glass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I used one of my best wineglasses last night. They're crystal and I like them alot. Had them for years.

Anyway I did'nt wash it till this morning. As I picked the glass up from the counter (I always handwash these) to wash it, out of nowhere this thought runs into my mind...

"This glass is going to break".

I very carefully wash it, the water was not too hot, nor too cold. It was sort've lukewarm. So I don't think temperature of the water had anything to do with this.

As I put the glass down onto the counter after I've washed it...and I set it down carefully I tell you.

The #$@ thing breaks! The top half of it just fell right off. Luckily I did'nt get cut. It made me kinda mad cause I had taken extra care that it would'nt break and then it still did anyway.

Now my question is:

When stuff like this happens to us, are we makeing our thought a reality (subconsciously) or is it a little premonition of the future?

Little things like this cause me to wonder sometimes.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hi Elaine,
in reading about your incident i thought i'd relply with my view and opinion. I think there is more probability in that if paranormal it would be energy from yourself causing this, most likely from a energy built up inside being strong enought just before releasing that your mind becomes aware, yes i think it can happen and i think this has more of a chance of happening then say a spirit (other then your own) doing it IMHO or the product had a hairline crack where it broke and finally snapped.

By saying "premonition of the future" meaning you seen it coming or did you actually make it happen through thought or maybe a mixture of the two, without one there is no other and by thinking then engaging in the object is all that had to happen to fullfil the glass' destiny, broken.

Peace

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   
If you 'cause' the fullfillment of your premonition, you could wonder that, but......

If you have a premonition of an event, an event to which you are only a witness, not really a participant.......It wouldn't seem like you could influence the outcome, or 'make' the premonition come true.

What would bug me, is that even though I 'knew' the glass could be about to break.....I couldn't keep it from happening!!

new topics

join