It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Save Web as.........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   
While I use IE6 to save web, there always is a Document follow the web I saved in which store the pictures belong to this web. But while I use IE7, only a HMTML web page be saved without picture document follow it.
Sometime, I feel that methods of saving IE6 web is more better than IE7. So who can teach me how to save a web using IE 7 just same as using IE6?
BTW, if you are expert of internet, would you teach me what's the advantage and disadvantage of HMTML web?

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 02:35 AM
link   
You seem happy using IE but for ease of use and for all kinds of features you might want to look into Mozilla/Gecko browsers. Like FireFox...sweet browser and really versatile and easy to use...saves a full page with no issue images, objects and all.

For IE related questions check out the Microsoft MSDN (Library)

You may have to hunt around a bit but all the info for IE6 and IE 7 is there.

Good luck!

posted on Nov, 18 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
When you are saving the page, right next the "Save as type" text at the bottom of the save dialog, you can choose the type.

"Webpage, complete" - I think this is the way you used with IE6
"Web Archive, single file" - The MHTML way
"Webpage, HTML only" - The same as the first but without the folder with the images.

I always use MHTML because it is easier having only a file to work with. Basically, this is the page and images saved like it was an e-mail, with the images in it.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Try using FireFox 2.0

www.belowtopsecret.com...

and use firetune to configure firefox

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
When you are saving the page, right next the "Save as type" text at the bottom of the save dialog, you can choose the type.

"Webpage, complete" - I think this is the way you used with IE6
"Web Archive, single file" - The MHTML way
"Webpage, HTML only" - The same as the first but without the folder with the images.

I always use MHTML because it is easier having only a file to work with. Basically, this is the page and images saved like it was an e-mail, with the images in it.

The direction you pointed is correct!

new topics

top topics

join