It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unussual clouds

page: 1

join
share:
sty

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
I wonder if there is any logical explanation for this "HOLE PUNCH CLOUDS" as they are nammed on www.spaceweather.com .People with more experience in electricity/geomagnetism could have a say. Any conspiracy experiement for weather manipulation?

www.spaceweather.com
The sky is full of mysteries, and one of them appeared over Wisconsin yesterday. "I live in Stevens Point on the University of Wisconsin campus, and I saw some very strange clouds," reports Samantha Weise who took this picture:

More images: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7

These are "hole punch clouds," and no one is certain what they are. One theory holds that hole punch clouds are formed by jet airplanes punching through a cirrocumulous cloud deck. When the jet pierces the cloud, supercooled water droplets in the cloud suddenly crystallize. This water-to-ice transformation proceeds outward from the point of impact, creating a vast circle of icy wisps--the "hole." But how many jets would it take to create this display?

www.spaceweather.com
www.spaceweather.com
www.spaceweather.com

[edit on 16-11-2006 by UM_Gazz]

DSO

posted on Nov, 16 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Interesting, i'm quite sure its caused by normal atmoshperic phenomenon however. Here in calgary we get all sorts of interesting cloud formations that would seem unusal to many people oberving them.

It appears that these may be caused by eddie currents of some kind. Do you know when these were taken? it may be possible to get the upper level wind maps for this day and may shead some light on what caused it. Judging by the last photo it appears that the Jet-stream may have something to do with this aswell.

new topics

join