It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McKinney Missing in Action

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It would appear that for Cynthia McKinney it really was all about the power and nothing about the people she supposedly represented.

MISSING VOTES

There were three votes last night in the U.S. House of Representatives. There was only one member of congress who will not be returning next year that missed all three votes. Only one. And that one would be Cynthia McKinney from Georgia. I guess Cynthia McKinney has decided that since the voters in her district told her to take a hike, she has no obligation to represent them in congress for the remainder of her term.

Question: Do you think that Cynthia McKinney is still accepting her paychecks?
boortz.com...

Well, at least GA will have better representation this time around.

I actually heard that her replacement searched out the Police Officer that McKinney struck and apologized for her behavior on behalf of the citizens of GA.

Class Act...

Semper

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

There were three votes last night in the U.S. House of Representatives. There was only one member of congress who will not be returning next year that missed all three votes.

There were also 42 other members who didn't vote on 11/13. You can check that out here.

I guess Cynthia McKinney has decided that ...she has no obligation to represent them in congress for the remainder of her term.

False assumption. It would appear that a lot of members miss votes on a regular basis. I believe they should all be there everyday, and they should all be rebuked when they're not.

Semper, you know I love debating with you, but Neil Boortz??? I couldn't let that slide.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   
HH,

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Yes, I know the source is.... well, Boortz after all.

But, it was not about the vote. She never showed up at all. And she was apparently the only one that did not show up. Lots hold their vote, that is pretty common.

Semper

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   
SHOWING UP but not casting a vote is called ABSTAINING. This is commonly done when there is a conflict of interest for the Rep in question. He may have constituents on both sides of an issue that he doesn't wish to alienate etc... However, NOT SHOWING UP is pure laziness and demonstrates a complete lack of regard for the people that you are to represent and the tax payers who provide your salary. The only excuse, in my humble opinion, is theat either YOU or an immediate member of your family is hospitalized unexpectedly. Her behavior speaks volumes about her!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
SHOWING UP but not casting a vote is called ABSTAINING... However, NOT SHOWING UP is pure laziness

And I totally agree.

I drew the conclusion that the other members weren't there either because I checked all the bills or whatever they voted on that day, and there were always 43 people who didn't vote. I looked and looked for some type of attendence record, but I couldn't find one.

So, unless you have some other source, I believe there were 43 members missing that day. Of course, I might reconsider if I could have a look at your source.

That goes for you too, semper.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I think its time for
Cynthia to get out, anyway. Personally, i do not like the woman.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I am glad she won't be returning- she was too full of herself (or something).

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Harlem Hottie...

I am looking for attendance records from last night's votes. I will post when I find them. Here is her www.congress.org..." target="_blank" class="postlink">overall voting record. She is down at the bottom.

The breakdown... Only present for 83.33% of ALL votes, missing (Meaning ABSENT) for a full 16.67% of ALL votes. Only voted "Present" (means ABSTAINING) ONCE and missed a full 71 total votes! ABHORRENT!!!

She should be forced to return her paychecks to the taxpayers as she has NOT done her job! What a horrible woman!

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
What a horrible woman!

Geez.

I checked out your link, and considering the rest of the list, a lot of them are worse than she is.

But of course, we all hate Cynthia McKinney.

Carry on...

(That wasn't directed at you specifically, kozmo. I'm just tired of everyone here picking on her, exclusively. There are lots of other crappy politicians, you know.)

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The personna she projects its not very nice. It could be that she's a great person, but unfortunatly, from what people see and hear of her anticks she's not diplomatic material.

Take Bush. He'd be a hoot at a cookout- but do we want his as president????

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Take Bush. He'd be a hoot at a cookout- but do we want his as president????

Exactly. Let's take Bush.

I would think we had all learned the lesson: Politics shouldn't be a popularity contest.

Based on what I've learned about her, I think I may like Ms. McKinney's politics.

'American Blackout' (film), and What I Didn't Know About Cynthia McKinney

edit to add: for the record, I never said she was "great."

[edit on 15-11-2006 by HarlemHottie]

top topics

join