It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US: Immigrants May Be Held Indefinitely

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros

- Permanent resident status can be revoked due to criminal convictions, failure to pay taxes, or if you voluntarily leave the country for more than 1 year.

Pyros

Yes I remember all the regulations and laws involved but here in the South most of the people that were seeking citizenship were on the low end of the migrant workers with fake worker permits.

Many has been here for so long as illegals that already had established families and anchor babies to hold them in the country.

Getting citizenship is not as easy as many think, specially for the low end of the migrants that come to the nation, some illegal and some with permits but allow the permits to expire and then stay as illegals.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
This is not right. The consituition specifically prohibits being held indefinately with out due process. The laws of the land should be applied to all that are here, citizen or not....selective application of the law is one more slide down a slippery slope towards authoritarianism and not a far leap to applying it to citizens. And to think there are those who say good and applaude this and call themselves good Americans while doing it. Shame on them.

[edit on 15-11-2006 by grover]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Does this mean they will take all the illegal immigrants coming from Mexico held them as enemies combatants also?

Then what? our tax payer money is going to feed all these people indefinitely?

I wonder when this lBushies law is going to extend beyond immigrants.

Like I say before the this laws and amendments are going to come all into place when needed to tag anybody.

Please,tax payers are already paying for illegals.Here in the peoples republic of massachusetts,illegals receive section eight housing.Remember the brazilian Dr.who performed liposuction in the basement,and killed the woman?Well all involved were illegals.The woman who died was illegal,living in public housing,on assistance.And until July 2006 illegals were eligible for AFDC until the rules were changed.And this is just the beginning,wait til Kennedy makes around 12 million legal.You know damn well who is paying.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Missed this one. Good find.

Used-ta-be, the high costs of maintaining prisons was a deterrent to spurious sentencing.

Now, prisons are a source of slave labor for corporate industry. Even cheaper than the below-minimum-wage, pay-em-when-you-feel-like-it standards applied to immigrant workers.

Looks like a winning strategy.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Ha, Sofi...

I'm pretty sure my military working boots twenty years ago were Made in Leavenworth.
And those navy dungrees, they ARE prison uniforms. Our coveralls were dark blue, but they're probably the same ones in Jailhouse Orange.

Grover sums up the problem right here:

Originally posted by grover
This is not right. The consituition specifically prohibits being held indefinately with out due process. The laws of the land should be applied to all that are here, citizen or not....selective application of the law is one more slide down a slippery slope towards authoritarianism and not a far leap to applying it to citizens. And to think there are those who say good and applaude this and call themselves good Americans while doing it. Shame on them.

This so-called Military Comminsions Act (I still call it the Torture Bill) is dangerous to all, and it probably contains enough loopholes to drive an oil truck through.

Do you really think they'll let a little thing like nationality stop them? The immigrant may be British or Canadian, but still of an ethnicity they decide are Terrorist.

Globalization is well underway but will only be allowed what TPTB decide. Thus we have the War on Terra.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by psyopswatcher

Thus we have the War on Terra.

That is an excellent, incredible, really, REALLY good line.

The War on Terra !

Can I steal it?

[edit on 19-11-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Indeed you may. I'm positive I've stolen it already from some fancy-pants fundit around the net somewhere.

Fitting though, ain't it.

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Gee, this idea worked so well for Mexico, why wouldn't it work for us?

The National Institute for Migration down in Mexico has hundreds of thousands of immigrants, mostly from Guatamela and Honduras, stuck in detention centers awaiting deporation.

If they can't be documented, or their country of origin won't accept the person back for whatever reason, they're stuck in limbo (presumably) until they die.

That's just the sort of thing we need.

/sarcasm

top topics

<< 1   >>

join