It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elton John: For gays' sake ban religion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Pop's Elton John wants religion banned completely because he believes it promotes hatred of gays.

Speaking to the Observer Music Monthly Magazine the singer said religion lacked compassion and turned people into "hateful lemmings".

In a candid interview for a dedicated Gay issue of the magazine he shared his views on topics as varied as being a pop icon to Tony Blair's stance on the war in Iraq.

He said there was a lack of religious leadership, particularly in world politics, and complained that people do not take to the streets to protest any more.

www.irishexaminer.com...

He is refering to the peace movements in the Sixties. Musicians got through to people by getting out there and doing peace concerts but we don't seem to do them any more. "If John Lennon were alive today he'd be leading it with a vengeance," he said.

I can understand his point as I feel the same about religions as for the same point he does. That is why I don't intend to follow any religion because it's always about judging people or hate. In my eyes religion should be for everyone.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I couldn't agree more or less, Elton John has a good point and I've said so many times to people that we're doing too much talking and not enough action. Yet, we just go along our daily lives - letting ourselves slip into a deeper hole. Undeniably.

:shk:

... I wish I could say, "I miss the ol' days." But I wasn't born then.

[edit on 12-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Instead of banning religion, let's ban Elton John!

Shut up and sing!

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Elton is a foul mouthed mega ego with no come back against religion at all - he is a foul hypocrite who for his sheer hypocrisy alone will be condemned... let alone for trying to destroy the teachings of Jesus and others...

This to me just seems like elton cannot get to grips with the fact that not every one has to like or even agree with the so called'gay' life style.

I don't agree with it, but thats my choice. They do what they want to in thier lives, i do what i want to in mine.

If gays start trying to destroy religion, they may find they face getting destroyed by religions.

Shut up, go back to your piano and leave religion alone elton, or you may find a hell of a lot of people will suddenly have a lot to say against you.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
He has a point, I don't like religion in general ether, but I think its extreme to try and ban it. It will be impossible to do, anyway. People will stand and fight for their religious freedom.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
yeah I can see why some people who have no faith don't like religion - it does call for you to have faith in some thing that most of the times cannot be seen or felt by the majority of people.

BUT, and its a big but, try and get it banned is asking for real big trouble.

If an islamic fundie don't get elton in an ied trap, a christian fundies gonna get him point blank with a nine milli treble tap.... so..... elton, wise move right now is to shut it and play your tunes... start annoying fundies and your gonna get it!

Me, I think its funny. Eltons whining whinging hand bagging is funny. He feels religions don't like gays - well, they don't thats true, but i wonder if its more about they are in your face forever harping on about 'gaydom' than being nice balanced human beings?

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
He certainly has a point in my eyes. Banning is something else, this is maybe to much to ask. I can understand his point as religion is mostly about excluding certain people, not only gays, but as long as you follow their rules everything is ok, and if you don't they ban you and you are nothing, speaking of 'banning'!!

As for religion and faith, you can't compare it, you can't nescesarrely connect religion to faith. I don't believe in any religion, but I have faith, faith in myself and that is more important than any so called religion.

new topics

top topics

join