It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imitation Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This is by no means my personal belief. This is not something I hold to and stick to. This is merely an interpretation of how the world could be looked at. With saying that, lets jump right into it.

I name it "Imitation Theory" simply because it is most straight foward and fitting. You could call it the Mirror Theory if you like because thats just as accurate. Anyway, when we look into a mirror, what do we see. A reflection of ourselves would be the correct answer. Now look at everything we create, and how it works. Radios, computers, even religion, take a look at it all.

Now look at how a computer works for example. Here you have your tower, the base of thinking, the moniter which shows the images, the keyboard which controls what the computer does and what it runs. The mouth chooses where to look.

Now think about it as you mirrored. This computer moniter is like your eyes and the picture is what you see. The brain is viewing the internet at this moment with its virtual eyes. Its quite obvious to see how your brain is the computer tower, and your sight is processed by the computer then displayed for you. The moniter is merely your eyes. But Who is it manning your keyboard and mouse? Whos typing in your thoughts and guiding your eyes at what to look at? Could it be your conscience? Two wires connect the keyboard and mouse to the tower. Could it be that your consciousness is on outside source? That its not the brain creating the conscious being, but rather a channel for it? Could it be picking up on it?

Lets look at a radio, another example. The radio plays songs, it picks up radio waves, from some other location. The radio isn't making the songs up now is it? Well of course it isnt (though it would be pretty nice huh? lol). No, its picking up on a frequency. Its designed to pick up a certain frequency, and be used as a physical output for that frequency. That device isnt self serving, but to physically take what is just a wave and turn it into something else physical.

What if you were the computer and the radio? What if you weren't creating a consciousness but rather picking up one? That perhaps your brain isnt creating it, but rather its a complex receiver? At first it picked up simple waves, or brokens waves. As the mind becomes more complex, the frequencies your picking up become more in depth, unique and complete. That your brain is no different then any other animals other then its picking up the most complex frequencies of all.

What if I were to tell you that the universe mirrors itself, over and over again. Why shouldn't it though? It has very strict rules that are set, so a computer has those same laws. The idea is that god created you in his image, but what if everything you've known was created by you, in your own image?

So the question is, what do we mirror? do we mirror god? do we mirror the universe? do we mirror nothing at all?

If everything we create does mirror us, and that is how it works, what is it we are picking up on? This thing we call a consciousness? At birth we have little to no pickup frequency, our minds aren't complex enough. Eventually though, as we get older and brains more complex, we develop this 'conscience'. We don't have a conscience because we are human, but because our minds have reached a certain complexity. Are we creating it, and being independent of everything we have made, all our creations, OR is everything we have created a mirror of ourselves, and we are picking up on something we do not comprehend? Are we picking up frequencies of a consciousness like a radio would pick up radio waves?

Something to ponder over.

[edit on 11-11-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Good Post Grim, that does bring up some very interesting questions in your mind. I've never thought about the brain being a receiver before, but I have thought about it being a filter of some sorts. It filters out info so we only receive a small portion of what is really out there, at least that's how i see it. But when you put it the way you did, and seeing that our "sub"conscious minds operate waaaaay faster than our conscious minds and everything is sent their first it would make sense that it works for both purposes and many more as well. Overall though, very good job making me think at 4:45 in the morning, I am anxious to see what others have to say about this.

Pancho

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Well I had just hoped I conveyed my thoughts accurately, considering I typed it up at 3 in the morning haha. Well anyway, I just figured Id throw down something Ive thought about in past time.

posted on Nov, 12 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
hmmm nothing? I thought this might actually get at least some responses. A bit disappointed by the lack of any response at all.

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Im rather disappointed that pan was the only one who bothered to read it. Guess it was a waste of time to post it up?

posted on Nov, 14 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
Im rather disappointed that pan was the only one who bothered to read it. Guess it was a waste of time to post it up?

No. Not at all. It was fascinating. I'm glad you replied to your own post to get it back up to the top of the list. If it hadn't been for that I might not have realized it was there. It's an interesting metaphor, but I like it. Not enough people notice this sort of thing. Really, the human being works no different from anything that has a function to it. Or perhaps I ought to say it is no different from anything that functions.

I tend to believe that the minds of animals are not much different from the minds of a human at all. It is the matter of development that holds them back from achieving the sort of civilization we have. For example, deer are very smart creatures, but they must function using the bodies they were given. How do deer get on islands? I have a friend who witnessed this. While he was camping on an island in the middle of a very deep lake, he saw cougar tracks and deer tracks on this island. He started wondering how the deer got over. It's not often you see deer swimming. I certainly never have. A cougar can swim. I've seen that before. Anyway, around the time his camping trip was over, he had crossed back over the lake. Looking back at the island, he saw to deer with their front legs over the front of a log as they swam with their back legs. So the mystery is solved. This is how deer migrate or travel across deep water.

You tell me. Is this just inborn or is there a little bit of higher intelligence going on? I'd vote for the latter. Not that deer are physically anywhere near building an entire complex civilization, but they can do some pretty neat things with what they have to work with.

new topics

top topics

join