It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'60 Minutes' Reporter Ed Bradley, Dead at 65

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The veteran reporter of CBS's 60 Minutes television news magazine show died today from leukemia at the age of 65.

Voice of America

The U.S. television network, CBS, has announced that award-winning correspondent Ed Bradley has died. He was 65.

CBS says Bradley died Thursday in New York of leukemia. He was a correspondent on the television program, 60 Minutes, for 26 years.

Bradley won numerous awards for his reporting, including 19 Emmys, on topics including AIDS in Africa, brain cancer patients, and sexual abuse in the Catholic Church. He also had the only televised interview with Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I haven't watched 60 Minutes in a long time, but before the age of FOX news and other sources, it was a great show. May he rest in peace.

[edit on 11/9/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Why do American news reporters die more often than the UK ones, maybe because they work till they get old. Did not someone from CBS die last year i forgot his name if you can remind me. He was well know, maybe he was from CNN not sure. Sad really if he was a regualr face that you saw on TV.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Why do American news reporters die more often than the UK ones, maybe because they work till they get old. Did not someone from CBS die last year i forgot his name if you can remind me. He was well know, maybe he was from CNN not sure. Sad really if he was a regualr face that you saw on TV.

You're probably thinking of ABC anchor Peter Jennings who died of lung cancer.

He was born Canadian but late in life became a U.S. citizen.

[edit on 11/9/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Yes you are right it was Peter Jennings. Am wondering has there been any more, I used to have cnn and fox news but they took them away from my satellite reciever. Has there been any more deaths of repeorters just wondering. Apart from news journalists from the UK in embedded in Iraq its a bit different.
Such great talants and they get Cancer..

new topics

top topics

join