It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ted haggard's drug use and its implications

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 09:18 AM
link   
i stated this on a reply to another thread, but from a suggestion am going to post a thread devoted to this. if this belongs in another forum, please move it to where it goes mr. mods.

in reaction to the widespread denial of domestic partnerships across the country, it made me wonder if ted haggards admitted use of crystal meth in association with his gay sex scandal did nothing more but to cement the notion in the minds of conservative america that homosexuals as a cultural movement are nothing more than sex crazed drug addicts. haggards revelation, rather than boost the positivity of the gay movement, actually seems to have cast this black shadow over the whole issue.

what do you all think? has this recent scandal hurt the gay community rather than vindicated it?

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Actually, I don't think this scandal is going to cast the gay movement in a different light with conservatives. If anything, it only highlights the hypocrisy within the far-right. There are conservatives who are gay. There are conservatives who use drugs. There are conservatives who fall in both categories.

Being gay, or addicted to drugs and alcohol is no longer the exclusive realm of evil, hedonistic liberals.

join