It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shows That You Can't Stand!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Almost anything with a laugh track.

posted on Dec, 16 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Any of those freakin teenage, 90210 rip off, soap operas. And yes, that inclludes Smallville. I hate Regular soap operas too. I can't stand sitcoms, and, well, that's all I can think of.

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Television gets worse and worse as the years go by. I think allot of it has to do with repetitiveness. I am 44 and have seen it all! You can wrap it up in a different package but it's still a rip off of an older much better show. Personally I don't see the need for crude or profane programming but you gotta keep the Xers happy. You know, limited mentality, short attention span. Forget subtlety because they just don't get it unless it's simple, crude and colorful. With trends today it's a case of perception being realty.

I will never understand how a show like Friends stayed on the air for so long. There's over you head and then there's under your feet. Then there's one drama show after another! Life is dramatic on it's own, I don't want to come home and watch it on TV too!

Only in America can people like Joe Rogan and Paris Hilton become popular TV personalities. Certainly gives hope to others with no talent or scruples.

Now turning it around I would have to go back in time to find any shows worth watching.

For Sit Coms I liked Seinfeld, Cheers, Wings, Andy Griffith and on the light minded theme Happy Days and Family Ties.

For Variety I liked Carol Burnett, Mike Douglas and Flip Wilson as well as the first few years of SNL and a smattering thru the latter years. Red Skelton was such a good show that even though I was too young to get allot of it I still loved it.

For Talk I catch Letterman when I can although I liked it better years ago. Carson was the King but Conan does a fair job as an NBC rep.

For Drama I can't say as I have a favorite unless we go way back to the days of Gunsmoke and Bonanza.

For News I get it online. My father used to make us watch hours upon hours of news when I was a kid so i developed a distain for it plus see above disclaimer regarding drama in life. I stay well informed online without the inflection of a biased newsperson.

I do like DIY and some shows on PBS as well as Discovery and TLC but most everything on TV today has such a liberal slant permeating thru it that it's difficult to watch TV at all.

Yea, I'm getting set in my ways I guess..

Disclaimer: My rant about the X generation is only in reference to those Xers that don't read my post.

[edit on 17-12-2006 by jbondo]

posted on Dec, 17 2006 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Don't forget that Gen X produced Owen Wilson and Wes Anderson, who, if nothing else, gave us "Bottle Rocket" and "Rushmore." Those films are the quintessence of subtlety, in my opinion.

[edit on 2006/12/17 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Dec, 18 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
here we go.

laguna beach. -terrible show, i'm probably going to make a parody on how stupid the people in that show sound. Like okay(while wearing my huge freaking sunglasses at night WTF o right its style i forgot)?

mostly everything on MTV

SOAPs are garbage
new ninja turtles whats up with that
new transformers all bad bad bad.
CSI wow the stuff they can do on that show amaze me.
-let me just get this reflection of the shinny boot which is reflecting of the window of the person that is taking the picture. its magic.

king of the hill
barney
CNN ABC FOX news... do those count?
new age cartoons. what ever happend to saturday moring cartoons?
raymond , according to jim...

ill leave it at that for now.

posted on Jan, 2 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimmy910130
I was just flipping through the cahnnels and fell on the show '7Th Heaven' and right before that was the show' Gilmore Girls'...I don't know why these shows are still on the air..But I think they are really bad, I can't stand them! I just can't! I don't know why, but its just an instinct I get whenever I see one of these 2 shows too turn off the TV and go complain to someone! lol. Anyways, Am I the only one here who hates these shows? What shows can't you guys stand to see??

-Jimmy-

I agree with you. Gilmore Girls is so overrated its not even funny. The way they talk on this show is sooo unnatural. Survivor is another one that turns my stomach. Can't stand to see that show. I'm not a real big reality show fan though.

posted on Jan, 4 2007 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I hate the medical shows like the new one on discovery, "Surgery Saved My Life" I always flip through the channels and end up seeing some guys guts on the table or a lady with a golf club sticking out of her head. It's pretty disgusting

[edit on 4/1/2007 by enjoies05]

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Okay, I might get hung for this but...I forgot to mention I am not to fond of...
HEROES... Yes I know.. I never quite got hooked to it, I don't get what the big deal with this show is? Oh, did I mention I also hate every single show on TLC???!!! Froms Trading Spaces to Meet your new mommy, and everything in between Kids By The Dozen, I am suppsoed to be dead ect.. Except maybe Miami Ink I could watch. Anyways, don't be to rough cause I don't like Heroes.

-Jimmy-

posted on Feb, 6 2007 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Any reality show should be

Any More CSI's Or Law & Orders: will make me :w:

Cheesy 90210 rip offs like Laguna beach, etc. Which suck but have chicks so hot you have to atleast watch one episode:bnghd::bnghd:

New shows that are actually pretty cool but only last 3 espisode before being canceled for American Idol

"King of the Hill" was ok at its time bringing us up from Beavis and Butthead but it should have died
a long time ago

Andromeda- Come on Hercules as the Captain :shk::shk::shk::shk:

Not making a star wars show like the new Battlestar

Superhuman shows that spin into a why me fest. Oh god I'm stronger, faster, and smarter than everyone,

Any show that has a Paulie Shore cameo, or staring him

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join