It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm gonna be an uncle in six days!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
It's been a very odd month for me and my family. 4 weeks ago on Wednesday, I found out my sister was pregnant. I couldn't tell because her body hadn't changed much, and I thought she was just putting on abit of weight.

My sister was too afraid to tell my family, but her school contacted my Mum and said she was pregnant (after making my sister take a pregnancy test). I saw my sister in bed crying later that day, I thought she was having troubles with her ex-boyfriend, as usual, so I comforted her. I went downstairs afterwards and my Mum told me she didn't want to tell me because she thought I would have done something stupid, but I had a right to know and she said my sister was infact pregnant.

At first I was obviously shocked, but I decided to be the responsible older brother and gave my sister a cuddle and told her that no matter what happens I would always be there for her. She went to the hospital the next day to do some pregnancy check-up thing. I thought she was only about 2 or 3 months pregnant, but it turned out she was actually 8 months!

I get on really well with the father of the baby, who is my sister's ex-boyfriend. Unfortunately, he and his family and being complete and utter idiots. Not one of them has been round to support my sister, etc. The father rang up once and asked me, "Has it been born yet?". I haven't heard from him since. Idiot.

The baby is a boy and the birth is expected on November 12th. My sister has decided to name him Jake. The hospital staff have said he's looking healthy and nothing is wrong with him, as far as they can tell. My sister's body is now that of a heavily pregnant lady. I dunno how she hid it from us all before though. Poor kid must have been so scared.

Oh, by the way, my sister is fifteen years old.

[edit on 6-11-2006 by xeroxed88]

JAK

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Sounds like you're just what she needs right now xeroxed88, a top notch older brother to help look out for her and offer support.

Good on you xeroxed88.

Jak

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Make sure to give her lots of hugs. and chocolate, and greasy foods. She will love you forever. Congrats on being an uncle

posted on Nov, 8 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Thanks guys!

I'm buying her plenty of chocolate, tuna and peaches (these cravings are weird, I tell ya!).

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:41 AM
link   
My sister went into hospital at around midnight on Saturday night. Jake was born at 2.18 on Sunday afternoon.

I wasn't there because I had to look after the cats while everybody was away, but apparantly my Sister didn't take any pain relief. My mum said she was and is "more women then I am". I'm rather proud of her.

Unfortunately though, after the birth my Sister started bleeding really badly. She lost about two litres of blood and had three drips connected to her. The midwife was apparantly actually squeezing the drip bag to get the blood into my sister as fast as possible because she was so close to dying. The bleeding stopped, thankfully, just before they were about to rush her to the operating theatre.

I went to visit Jake and my sister on Monday. After waiting three and a half hours (!!!), I finally was allowed in to see them both. Jake is the cutest thing I have ever seen in my life. My sister was obviously still really tired. Jake takes after his Uncle because he was asleep the whole time I was there! LOL!

I think/hope they will both be coming home tonight (Wednesday).

Just thought I'd share the news.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Jake sounds wonderful. He is so lucky to have a caring uncle like you. It is important for children to have access to and interaction with as many family members as possible. Don't be afraid to hold him and talk to him. Welcome to this big and sometimes scary world and let him know that you are there to help and protect him.

Continue to give support and comfort to your younger sister. You sound like a great big brother and a wonderful uncle.

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Thank you very much for your kind words, darkelf.

I just got news that both Jake and Carla (my sister) are coming home tonight!

I best start cleaning the house.

Cheers :w:

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Be prepared. As much Joy as Nephews and Nieces bring they also bring times
of great introspection. They can be just the same as having children or your own.

For those who have forgotten, remember the when you were young and youd mother
cursed you with, " some day you will grow up and have children. And They will be JUST LIKE YOU."

forgot and and and :lol

[edit on 15-11-2006 by greywolf1]

posted on Nov, 15 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Goodness sounds like you have had a rollercoaster,

Please send our love to your sister and the new baby,

Being an uncle is going to be a wonderfull experience for you, Im and Aunt to 4 and theres never a dull moment,

hehe and you have xmas coming up so you had better get out there and look for baby prezzys lol

Congrats on the news,

new topics

top topics

join