It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let’s talk about the “Middle”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
If there is anything I am tired of seeing, and hearing about, it is the “extremes”. Things always seem to be a hard lined between the two apparent extremes of “Christian Conservative”; a.k.a. “Religious Right”; and the “Liberal (non-Religious, un-Righteous?) Left”. I know as well as you do that there is a Third Factor, and that is the Common Ground of the Political Middle.

I’d like to hear from those who, like me, understand that the Truth and, more often than not, the most workable solutions to any issue, lay in neither of the two extremes but somewhere in-between. No, we don’t get attention in the Media, and I guess that is because they find us “uninteresting”. Well they should, as we remain nearly “scandal-less” and don’t create newsworthy stories of the ilk produced by the Right and Left. Yet, we represent the most powerful increment of U.S. Politics, as it is, after all, “we” that the other two spend billions trying to win over. They don’t have a choice in that, as, our non-extremist attitudes and voting policies are what actually elects, and not theirs in the stand-alone sense. At the same time, both ‘sides’ allude to the idea that we have “no anchor”. That puzzles me, when I consider that, at least, my own Anchor is firmly placed in both the Truth, and in doing what is best for American Freedom and Individual Liberty.

I think it’s high time we spoke out on these issues from our place here in the middle of the road—the only place where one can clearly see both sides. What do you think?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I feel the same way Ed. And I've noticed that when I make my opinions known in the political area, that my comments are not met with much notice really. I think we're more independent thinkers in some ways. And much more diplomatic than either extreme righties or lefties.

Being rigid like extreme right or left is way too confineing a veiw for me. It lets no new ideas or views in. It takes no considerations of the "whole" just a "part."

There has to be balance in government and I think we provide that.

new topics

join