It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reel Big Fish!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
For those of you who have seen "Baseketball" by Trey Parker and Matt Stone, you've seen this band before. They are the 'stage band' during the games. Although the music is just dubbed from the album lol.

These guys have been around about 15 years and their music is just awesome to put it simple. A simple blend of punk/rock/ska is pulled off extremley well by these guys.

I garuntee you, you can't listen to the music by Reel Big Fish and not feel a sudden urge of happiness.

They've done a few covers like "Take On Me", "Come On Eilene" and "Talkin' Bout A Revolution" and manage to pull them off much better than a lot of other punk/ska covers I've heard.

So who's heard this band? Who likes them? Who doesn't?

www.youtube.com...
From their live DVD

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I've heard them. Many of my friends love them and have seen them live!

Not my sort of music, allthough when they come on, I rarely turn it off

Awsome cheering up music!

ETA: P.s!! Baseketball rocks haha

[edit on 3/11/06 by crookedblue]

posted on Nov, 19 2006 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I LOVE RBF. They keep me sane and have been doing so for the last 8 years. I was able to see them for the first time in Jan. at the Avalon, then went to the taping for their live album at the Alley in March. In July I had tix to the meet and greets and both concerts at HOB's. It was AWESOME.

My older daughters (8 and 6) went with me to the meet and greet. The band was so much fun. I told them how I change the words in the songs from four letter words to PG rated words ... Sh-- to #zu, that type of thing. They suggested I try #take mushroom every once in a while.

My daughters are all ska-dicted and love RBF. Can't wait until I can sing the proper lyrics with them, getting kind of tired of singing "So much for rock n roll" and screaming "You are such an APPPPPPLLLEEEE"

Jemison

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Not into ska too much...more of a crust/metal guy but a bunch of my friends just saw Reel Big Fish two nights ago and said they were "AWESOME"...apparently the song "Your Guts I Hate 'Em is a big hit with them. Don't know if anyone's heard of them, but the only ska band I can remember liking was Spitfire from Russia (I think?). They did some mean Abba covers, haha.

top topics

join