It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glorious victory for the mujahedin!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The brave mujahedin,keeping with their proud traditions engage their dangerous foes. "THE death toll from a car bomb attack on an Iraqi wedding party has climbed to 23, including 19 children aged under 10, the manager of the hospital that received the bodies said today.

A car bomb exploded early today outside a family home hosting a wedding reception in the north Baghdad district of Ur, just as the bridegroom's party was arriving in a convoy of cars.

Qasim Modalal, director of the Imam Ali hospital, told AFP that 23 people were killed in the blast - including 19 infants - and that another 19 were wounded, many of them seriously."

Yes,this is sarcasm.This is what these sub human scum do every day. I think they are being supplied by Iran. Some of the IEDs are advanced,not something you can make in the kitchen.

[edit on 1-11-2006 by rdang]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I really hope this is sarcasm...

You call killing innocents with a bomb a "Glorious Victory?"

I call it cowardice.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:09 AM
link   
sodom

what a thread is this ???

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a glorious victory, neanderthol thinking. they think a terrrorist is of god. poor lost souls to think that god is of terrror. stupid ignorance is what it is. these people like this deserve an early grave.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
defunk 13 is right, stupid , ignorant cowardis. how dumb they really are. it just shows how thier religion is and how stupid it is and the people who believe in this so called crap.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this is probably only one of many stories resembleling one another.

The more people that die, the bigger the story.

Awful when you think about.

Ps. RDANG

It looks as though some of the content in your post may be 'external quotes', you may want to fix it up a bit before the QPD gets here

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
One thing that’s certain is that many of the worst hostilities in Iraq do not seem to be ideological just as they don’t serve an ideological purpose.
It seems like someone is planting bombs to deliberately cause bloodshed and trouble and little else but these. Question is who are they?
Talk to Iraqis and they will blame the secret services of Israel, or even the Americans. Talk to westerners like me and we’ll blame Iran.

I believe that Iran is funding and certainly carrying out attacks with the goal of keeping Iraq backward, us there, and therefore the whole place as at (least) a fantastic battle field, and at most a fantastic ally. It will be ether a literal or virtual extension of territory.
Blame us because we’ve given Iraq to Iran on a plate. For Iran or anyone favourable “to the forces of bardwardism” to set a few bombs of to cause perpetual warfare is the best way to increase religious fundamentalism, Taliban style politics and ways of doing things. In short it’s a really small investment with huge dividends.

Of course the best thing about us being in Iraq is that it makes any military action (even by air) extremely fanciful.
Long live the occupation, our belief our enemies being democratically elected, and our refusal to install a wise, secular, western culture loving man like Saddam.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
i'll hate all my life this guys !!!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
you do know a mujahedin is someone that fights for their country and when they are forced to fight because they are being prosicuted? they would never attack an innacent person from either side,
the people that do these attacks are pure scum and terrorists so dont assosiate them with mujahedin,

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liberal1984
Question is who are they?
Talk to Iraqis and they will blame the secret services of Israel, or even the Americans. Talk to westerners like me and we’ll blame Iran.

Iraq is made up of three major groups, the Kurds, Shia, and Sunnis, with the sunnis being a powerful minority that ruled with an iron fist through the Baathist party. IOW, there is a long history of internicene strife in iraq.

Hussein lived up to the old definition of 'the state as monopolizer of violence'. Under his absolutist rule, his thugs surpressed everyone.

Then they were removed.

This is just like what happened in yugoslavia. There was a history of long term inter-ethnic violence. Then there was totalitarian rule that surpressed everything, then that rule was removed, then the country split up, descended into chaos and barbarism, and compeltely ripped itself apart in paroxysms of genocide.

It does not require a secret us-anglo cabal to be running around in headscarves pretending to be iraqis to have these events, anymore, realistically, than it requires a secret al-qaida cabal to be doing so.

Iraq is in its 'natural human state', complete warfare between groups and individuals.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Iraq is in its 'natural human state', complete warfare between groups and individuals.

Complete with an occupying force inadequately equipped, ill-informed, and in the way. Devils advocate here: What purpose do we serve presently, aside from further "stirring the pot?"

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Bodrul,
sorry to say this but your wrong.

Mujahadeen (Holy warriors) fought in Bosnia, Kosovo, Chechnya, Palestein, Nepal, Malaya, Iraq, or to be blunt any where there is a Muslim insurrection there are foriegn Mujahadeen fighters.

In bosnia they had to treat syrians, Iraqis, Saudi's, Iranians, Indonesians... the list is long but to say they only fight within their own countries is very very wrong indeed.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by D4rk Kn1ght]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Bodrul,
sorry to say this but your wrong.

Mujahadeen (Holy warriors) fought in Bosnia, Kosovo, Chechnya, Palestein, Nepal, Malaya, Iraq, or to be blunt any where there is a Muslim insurrection there are foriegn Mujahadeen fighters.

i didnt say they fight within the borders of their countries

Mujahadeen are those who fight for muslims (not just their own country)

my reply was just telling the diffrence between a terrorist and a Mujahadeen

[edit on 2-11-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaFunk13
Devils advocate here: What purpose do we serve presently, aside from further "stirring the pot?"

Divide and Conquer isn't the best foreign strategy, but its better than isolationism.

bodrul
my reply was just telling the diffrence between a terrorist and a Mujahadeen

I am sure though that the Mujahadeen in afghanistan were considered terrorists by the soviets though, and that lots of people in iraq consider these killers to be Mujahadeen.

I understand the difference in the definition, and its sensible enough, but its the actual application of the word that is subjective. Anyone not in favour of mass murder would have to consider these guys to not be mujahadeen, yes.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I agree these people blowing up people in markets are not mujahedin.

Some of them doing the acts killing innocent civilians might think they are. But they are alas murderers using religion as a cover to hide behind.

On a smaller non deadly scale, I see people all the time that say they are religious and go to church....But they do bad things all the time. And yet sneer at someone that does not have their religion and go to church as bad.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird
defunk 13 is right, stupid , ignorant cowardis. how dumb they really are. it just shows how thier religion is and how stupid it is and the people who believe in this so called crap.

This "shows how their religion is," in what way? Show us where it says that killing innocents is required to be of that faith. Merely judging the faith of a billion people based on the actions of a few is not a very wise. Doing so, with the same logic as yours, that spurs ignorance, can be a very dangerous thing in this world.

[edit on 4-11-2006 by DJMessiah]

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I dont think I'd say that's a glorious victory it may be for them but not for us. I hope that was sarcasm. O_o... the more violence that I hear about in Iraq becomes increasingly disturbing. I bet Iran is behind the attacks too but the federal govt' isnt doing anything about these attacks. The US should do what they can to prevent these bombings.

The viewpoint on the war on terror is different for the region that you're in, if you're an american you like americans, these guys however want us to be dethroned. >_>.

I disapprove of these actions but to judge one entire faith based on a small group of people is downright ignorant, we're not fighting a holy war, the crusades were over and I dont think we want to start over on the same rout as the crusades in modern times.

>_>.

I think that the iraq war isnt a scam, as there are attacks every day, but if they really wanted representation in the gov't then they should take political action. .

IMHO.

top topics

join