It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America open to attack

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Like i said in my introduction, i am pro-america instead of whining about all the bad things about america i like to think i could make it better. I also said that i there are some secrets that should stay secret, to quote the x-files
"we are fighting a powerful enemy in a war of ideology. In any war there are secrets-- truths that must be kept from the public in order to serve the greater good."
After having said that, i think there are a lot of things on this particulalar topic that just don't mean crap, i've noticed there is one thing no one is talking about, America it self.

I read a lot, mostly books about the military, by the military, you get the point Anyway, one of my favorite subjects in tactics and manouvers.
I saw on the news that iran said their plan calls for attacking 20 some american targets and successfully hitting those would bring down america. From a tactical point of view i see us as very open to attack.
Ever heard of the scorched earth policy? The midwest contains our food! Sure we don't depend on meat and corn/soybeans like the ancient world did but those products go to make other products. Towards harvest season, many midwest states ban burning of any kind because when crops are particularly dry they tend to burn easily.
The enemy is quite easily slipping past our borders 5 guys could easily burn down many fields with gasoline and a box of matches. You cut the enemies supplies and you starve them out, or in the 21 century weaken them.

I'm sure many of you know what an e-bomb is, if not look it up on howstuffworks.com, you drop a big enough e-bomb over new-york the business capital of the U.S is gone and the economy takes a big hit. Sure the islamists want big casualties, you create chaos then you can let the people destroy themselves. If you shut down new york that could leave a big enough gap for a sizeable force to come in and start doing who knows what.

"The world will never take me, they will never desecrate my soul". Dani Filth

mode edit, add paragraphs to separate thoughts

[edit on 2-11-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The first part was a good point, I always wondered if there were things we should not know about just yet, like that X-files quote you stated.

Then I look around a bit, and say, why are they posioning our water with Sodium Floride? Why are they taking away our freedoms, if they been fighting this enamy so well for the past five years? Why is it directed at full blooded u.s. citizens, some who actually help fight this war on terror now?

We are in a draught, and its because we stupidly switched to GMO foods. I read they have a high motablism and use two and sometimes three times more water then normal plants, while growing fruits and such. Water tables are down very low, actually on a level where we should be panicking but dont worry we might get lucky.

New York was shut down in 2004 I think, massive black out, was a conspiricy behind that, that some hacker got into the gride and shut off a section, and it caused a chain reaction from NJ to manhatten island. Not as bad as the one in te 80's where people were shoting eachother and looters and stuff though lol.

You make good points though, I am just stating some points you might of not thought of.

The border is the biggest hole, is this war on terror real? OR ARE THEY LETTING THEM IN ON PURPOSE SO THEY CAN CATCH THEM EASIER? just something I thought of to, maybe the border was left open on purpose eh? Somethings to think about? Crazy as they might seem.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
I agree my friend.

Western nations are wide open to internal attacks across the globe due to the policy of Multi Culturalism. ( which im not broadly critisizing btw)

But yes Food stocks, Water resources, etc etc etc could be easily targeted by these extremists, a deliberatly lit fire during times of extreme drought (like many places in teh world face right now) would have devastating effect, a few barrles of poions released in a resovoir of water, the imagination can run far with this, its a big issue and im sure the Government pays particular attention to it, but security and surveilance cant be everywhere everytime unfortunatly.

Alot of the resposibilty falls on the public, if you see something suspicious, report it, Immediately.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 02:41 PM
link   
true, a lot of the responsiblity does fall on the public to report suspicious things. But that can be just a dangerous. Look at all the ufo crash stories, some guy saw something and reported it and what happend? The ufo got taken away by the "proper authorities." Suppose you did see something, how do you know the government isn't behind what you are seeing? I understand what you meant, but isn't it the governments job to keep us safe?

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 05:45 PM
link   
this is the best country in the world. it needs some repairs in the gov't and congress tho. others are worse than ours. our ancestors came here to be rid of religious persecution. just because america is going thru this melting pot does not mean we are bad. we just are takeing in to many people for the usa to handle. our flags colors and stripes represent the blood and bandages from wars faught to claim the right to be free of persecution of others. other people came here for the same ideas, to be free. hey, we have our problems , all these peoples comming together, cause this U.S.A. melting pot thing going on.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by littlebird
this is the best country in the world.

Question:

Why do people feel so compelled to repeat this statment over and over?
It's so often spouted like it's some sort of fact, while it's very clearly a subjective comment.

I'm not under any delusions that my own country is "the best in the world". We have our own problems and quite clearly there are other countries with more functional systems in place.

How about Switzerland?
They have a better ecconomy, better foregn relations, and a higher standard of living.

New Zealand is a perty damned fine place to live with their beautiful land, low stress lifestyle, and no involvement in overseas wars.

Infact, according to this 2005 servay, the US only ranked 13th in terms of best places to live (with Canada coming in at 14 and Ireland topping the list).

My point is that maybe if people weren't so eager to declair the US as the "best country in the world" without thinking about what really makes a country great, maybe some of these problems could be adressed.

Maybe getting over The Great American Ego is required...

*shrug*
(here comes the hate mail)

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

Question:

It's so often spouted like it's some sort of fact, while it's very clearly a subjective comment.

I laugh every time I hear/read it. I love my country... but there's something so juvenile about mindlessly chanting "we're #1" over and over again, like it's one big sports contest.

I'm as sick of it as you are, my friend.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
If you slip a bunch of guys over the border, it would be pretty easy to figure out how to do a lot of damage here in the US. Imagine what a dozen sniper teams could do to the Christmas shopping season.

How vunerable are we as a country? I think that anything of this sort would not go over too well and if it could be traced back to a country, I think that country would pay an awful price.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

Question:

I laugh every time I hear/read it. I love my country... but there's something so juvenile about mindlessly chanting "we're #1" over and over again, like it's one big sports contest.

I agree chanting this over and over again is not far from just being blatantly arrogant. And its easy to see why alot of people find it down right insulting.

Im all for people being patriotic, im all for people stating that THEY beleive country X is the best country in the World, but until you have visited every country on Earth, experienced what it has to offer, walk around in a locals shoes so to speak, you simply arnt qualified to make that statement.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by firebat

There's nothing wrong with loving your country. I love mine fearcely.
It's always wise to be aware that love can blind you to truth, however.

When you love too unconditionally, you may find yourself supporting things that you'd never find even remotely acceptable otherwise.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Question:

I'm not under any delusions that my own country is "the best in the world". We have our own problems and quite clearly there are other countries with more functional systems in place.

How about Switzerland?
They have a better ecconomy, better foregn relations, and a higher standard of living.

New Zealand is a perty damned fine place to live with their beautiful land, low stress lifestyle, and no involvement in overseas wars.

Infact, according to this 2005 servay, the US only ranked 13th in terms of best places to live (with Canada coming in at 14 and Ireland topping the list).

My point is that maybe if people weren't so eager to declair the US as the "best country in the world" without thinking about what really makes a country great, maybe some of these problems could be adressed.

Maybe getting over The Great American Ego is required...

*shrug*
(here comes the hate mail)

If it isn't the best why are people coming here, why are people climbing wall to get in. Why do people come thousands of miles to get here. There is more oppertunity in this country than any where else.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve99
If it isn't the best why are people coming here, why are people climbing wall to get in. Why do people come thousands of miles to get here. There is more oppertunity in this country than any where else.

Because they don't have a choice?
Because it's the best of the limited options they have?

Because they don't know any better?

And given your referance, why is it that emigration from the US to Canada has been on the rise?

Canada is starting to look like a pretty good place to live for thousands of Americans who are unhappy about George W. Bush winning the presidential election.

Source

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Exactly!

How many people are moving to the US from first world countries i wonder ?

Does the amount of people from First World countrys moving to the US exceed the amount of Americans leaving America to go to other first world Countrys?

The US doesnt offer a better life for anyone from Western nations(Im not saying it offers a worse one either), but it offers alot for people from Mexico, Cuba etc.

[edit on 2-11-2006 by NumberCruncher]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Ha! What a load of BS. According to your own governments statistics, the estimate migration is 3.8 migrants/1000 people, thats an estimated 1140000 immigrants a year. Just in case your mathmatically challenged thats 300,000,000/1000=300,000, then 300,000 x 3.8= 1,140,000 peole.

Thats the same as the UK, give or take. Between 2004 and 2006, we took in over 600,000 Poles alone.

Spain gained 700,000 immigrants in 2005.

Germany gained 800,000 people in 2005.

When you compare these numbers to the host population, you see that the US has one of the lowest migration numbers per capita.

If you want to make it fair, compare the USA to the EU as a whole (similar sized populations and land mass). We whoop your ass hands down when it comes to immigrants then.

Would hardly use immigration statistics to prove your point, mate.

[edit on 2/11/06 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
One thing you overlook is that America is the land of immigrants. Everyone here is either an immigrant or decended from one. Can canada say that and how about European countries.

posted on Nov, 2 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

One thing you overlook is that America is the land of immigrants. Everyone here is either an immigrant or decended from one. Can canada say that and how about European countries.

Every country in the world can say that, in one context or another. It's merely a matter of temporal reference.

Canada is, by and large, an immigrant country the same as the US. Most of it's population is not indigineous, so to speak.

new topics

top topics

join