It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I should crack the 100 spot by tomorrow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
of course on the ATS group.

setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu... eam_lookup&name=AboveTopSecret.com

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Congradulations. That's a major benchmark.

When you break it, SETI will email you a certificate with your username on it.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I'm trying to find an operating system that doesn't eat system resources so my SETI@home will run faster. With my other hard drive I was cranking one out in just under 10 hours using Windows Me. Now I'm trying 2000 Professional, see what happens with it. Has anyone tried SETI@home on Windows NT 4? I know it takes almost no RAM or processor time.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I run SEIT All the time on my P4 with Hyper Thread. What Hyper Thread Tech. does is allow XP to see 2 Processors, SO you can Run SETI all the time and also work on your computer with no problems. In the past month or so I have done a lot. ModestMike 457 1416 hr 09 min 3 hr 05 min 55.7 sec Wed Nov 12 18:36:47 2003 United States From the seti Site.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
of course on the ATS group.

setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu... eam_lookup&name=AboveTopSecret.com

well done
keep up the great work

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat
Congradulations. That's a major benchmark.

When you break it, SETI will email you a certificate with your username on it.

Really, a certificate?!

Do you mean for 100 units, or 100th spot in our ATS group?

BTW, this last unit has been crunching awhile longer than normal, it may be tomorrow it seems, again.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'll be at my 25th hundred in a week.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
thanks for pointing out the ats seti group, didn't know there was one. I've just entered at 99. do you know if there is any way to change the nickname on your seti account cause I'm in there as samantha moon and I wish I'd used pantha now.I tried creating a new account but it didn't make any difference.

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pantha
thanks for pointing out the ats seti group, didn't know there was one. I've just entered at 99. do you know if there is any way to change the nickname on your seti account cause I'm in there as samantha moon and I wish I'd used pantha now.I tried creating a new account but it didn't make any difference.

Goto the UserZone and then click on user account then type in your E-mail address and PW then you can change your info there.

Hope this helps

Glan

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
cheers I'll give that a go now

who

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I use windows 2000 pro. I had ME, but it was a joke. Windows XP is good too, but dont spend the money if you already have 2000. I run it all the time with my AMD 2800 Barton processor, very fast, just passed 1270 units.

posted on Nov, 13 2003 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I've just done 1 unit!

OK.....not really an achievement - but I have just started!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well I have taken over spot number 91
in the ATS group, and climbing fast...kinda.

LOOKOUT...Bob88...I have only 6138 more units before I pass you too !!

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Well, i'm at 43 units done.
I only run mine on screensaver though, as my processer isnt exactly new

posted on Nov, 18 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well Iv only done 17 units so far,...only been doing it a short while...

But with all your units you could join the AboveTopSecret group and transfer your unit credits, by clicking on the link in my first post here!

**Dangit...I shouldnt have suggested that,,...now I will be in the 92nd position in the ATS crew***

[Edited on 18-11-2003 by smirkley]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Well Iv only done 17 units so far,...only been doing it a short while...

But with all your units you could join the AboveTopSecret group and transfer your unit credits, by clicking on the link in my first post here!

**Dangit...I shouldnt have suggested that,,...now I will be in the 92nd position in the ATS crew***

[Edited on 18-11-2003 by smirkley]

Well 4 days later yet....I am in 86th place in the ATS group.

I am passing them like they are standing still.

Common folks, turn on the screen savers,...dont make this so easy for me!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsionicGamer
Well, i'm at 43 units done.
I only run mine on screensaver though, as my processer isnt exactly new

It doesn't really affect performance in you rprocessor if you run it on a screen saver or not. I reccomend that you not run it as a screensaver, because the time it takes to update the display slows the processing down a whole lot.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerat
It doesn't really affect performance in you rprocessor if you run it on a screen saver or not. I reccomend that you not run it as a screensaver, because the time it takes to update the display slows the processing down a whole lot.

Just set up the screensave to go to 'blank screen' when it starts, then add power save mode in there...

I have a P2 233, it takes forever. My AMD 1900+ does a little better. And the Origin 2000, well, when I am able to run it, it flies. 87 in around 10 days.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I haven't done the seti thing since I had a p133, a few years ago. I bet my dual Xeon machine would tear through these now.

I lost interest after a while, I guess.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Anybody know about the FFTs or the Gausian algorithms? I would like to know what type of computation they are. IE (geek speak comming up) vectorizeable. I have a computer I would like to try it on, to see just how fast it could be done. Of course I would need to get the source code

[Edited on 11/22/03 by crayon]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join