It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if this catches on???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Its said that China is putting into place a blogging system that requires real name and information in order to post you blog...

If America were to implement something along these lines would you think it was an invasion of privacy?

What about the added security in places like MySpace and such?

Just something I thought might be beneficial to discuss.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Eh, the government and skilled hackers can track you whether or not you use your real name, so I don't see a need for such a system. China just wants to make it a bit easier to track down people, I guess.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Damn!

The Internet is the only place that I can claim to be someone else and get away with it!

Seriously though, it's a dumb idea. ISP's and such do most of that job anyway. The only problem is accessing other people's un-secured wireless networks (in Australia anyway).

Thanks Mr Howard.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
Eh, the government and skilled hackers can track you whether or not you use your real name, so I don't see a need for such a system. China just wants to make it a bit easier to track down people, I guess.

I have to agree with Impreza on this one. I think that china is only doing this because they can (they are after all a communist nation). Our government doesn't need to nor would it be beneficial for them to do so, people in America would not take this lightly IMO. Besides, it's much easier to spy on someone who doesn't think you are spying on them, but rather a made up name.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
They would much rather give you the IMPRESSION you are anonymous.. its much more self-serving....
What does a person do when the person thinks no one is watching.

Granted it makes people THINK before they act... although our way (The Wests) is easier for curving the actual behavior.. because they can now use the same tactics to teach us they know.. and a silent non-personal war is much more efficient.
I personally don't care, I am no different than any of you, I am an odd weird enigmatic creature which is prey to its own ill choices from time to time, the benefit is pre-empting that cfreature....
The thing is.. these people are trying to impliment this for reasons of FEAR to strike fear into people to cause them to be silent... but this is horrible, the idea is for people to be honest and forth coming because they understand the implications of their truth, and are willing to deal with the implications even if it means changing. for better or worse, for evolving or learning to evolve.

top topics

join