It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts crack cancer 'gene codes'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This is utterly the BIGGEST news we have heard of in the fight against Cancer!!

news.bbc.co.uk
US scientists have cracked the entire genetic code of breast and colon cancers, offering new treatment hopes.
The genetic map shows that nearly 200 mutated genes, most previously unknown, help tumours emerge, grow and spread.

The discovery could also lead to better ways to diagnose cancer in its early, most treatable stages, and personalised treatments, Science magazine reports.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This could mean an end to some of the more common forms of cancer and possibly the end to all cancer!!!

I wonder how long it will take to come up with something useful armed with this knowledge.

Not long I bet.

All the best,

NeoN HaZe

[edit on 30-10-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Hello NH,

Nice article. First we map the human genome and now this. I think there will be sooo many breakthroughs in medical science in the next 50 years. Anyways, you should have posted this in Medical Issues & Conspiracies on ATS. It doesn't have to be conspiracy to post there.... breakthroughs are cool too.

Thanks again for posting the braids. Seems to be a better defined version of string theory. I'm no physicist but I have a few books on the subject, and I find it fascinating. I hope you received applause for that thread.

I can't give applause (points) but when I said I voted you, I meant voting for the "way above top secret award."

peace out NH

new topics

join