It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big British Brother.

page: 1

join
share:
JAK

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This certainly makes for an interesting read:

British the most spied-on people in western world

BRITISH people are now more spied upon by their political leaders than any other population in the free world, according to an official report.

The linkage of databases and surveillance systems mean people are now having their movements tracked, habits profiled and photograph taken hundreds of times a day. The findings, in a report compiled on behalf of Richard Thomas, the information commissioner, raised concerns that Britain is “waking up in a surveillance society”.

Thomas said: “Many of these schemes are public sector driven, and the individual has no choice over whether or not to take part. People are being scrutinised and having their lives tracked, and are not even aware of it.

“They don’t know, for instance, that a record is kept of every internet site they visit. They don’t realise that when identity cards come in, there will be a record of their movements and every time they have engaged with any public service.”
This could certainly lead to an interesting conversation next time the police move people along with the words 'Nothing to see here.'

Jak

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Britain has became like Prisoner - remember that program from the BBC, well that what it's like now.

Fascist State with it's bullies in uniform, look at Mike Davie's and "The City of Quartz."

Look at Endemol, it mean's El Demon, as in Light Demon, revelation of the Method, the spectacle of our surveillance society.

posted on Nov, 4 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Thank God this is getting some mainstream attention.
I`ve been ranting about this for years.
Isn`t it great-the governments own people are warning that we have sleep walked into a big brother soociety...
So its our fault then.
Not our lovely government`s.

What an utter pile of steaming excreta.

THEY MADE SOCIETY LIKE THIS.

And now its our fault for "sleepwalking."

Anyone still looking forward to your fourth reich ID card?

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yeah, 1 CCTV for every 14 people in london. :O

1984 was placed in London, too.
Orwell should have named his book 2007.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Although Orwell`s 1984 is a good comparison,especially with the perpetual war doctrine
double speak and mind washing media all going strong-

I just don`t think 1984 comes close to the systems of today`s world.
Britain is going to be one of the first countries to go "full spectrum" in terms of
surveillance and ID database schemes.

And collectively,all of our grandfathers are rolling in their graves.

There is an interesting piece in todays Sunday Times,by Rod Liddle,on civil disobedience
as a way to break this fascist madness.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:22 AM
link   
This Country is already a dictators "wet-dream", the laws are in place, security set up and the restrictions are coming. All you need is the wrong person to come along and this Country will become a Totalitarian state over night.

It will happen, its only a matter of time.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
You`re right infinite.
I found it bizarre to see a protest on the news by BNP supporters
who were holding up "free speech is our right!" banners.
In our society it is left up to the "far right" BNP to protest
for free speech!
Wonder how much free speech we would have if they got elected...
So we have the far right protesting against our "center left" government,which is really a far right government.

The UK is mental.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   

This has got to be the funniest ''THEY are spying on you!!
'' thread yet.

They couldn,t even get cctv,s in my area coz the the local ''chav,s'' would be selling them on the very next Sunday morning carboot sale.

In the last 7 years I will have been to 42 different countries and I have 2 different passports.
Now lets see.. how many times have I had any ''special'' attention going and coming in and out the country...ermmmm...Once I recall..
Flying to Israel after a round trip that included UK to Lebanon to UAE. back to Lebanon..back to London Heathrow..change of passport and on to Tel Aviv..

And that was only because the El-Al security were a bit suspicious after I was recognised from a previous visit to Eilat.(girl I knew...whistles innocently..)

What I am trying to say is..from everyone I personally know,I would be targetted for ''observation'' if the situation was out of control.

As far as Internet tracking...it,s been there from the beginning like it or not..

You guys must lead the most incredible lifestyles beyond my wildest imagination to make it interesting watching on a little ole cctv monitor..

BTW.. The new microchipped passports????
What do you think your microwave oven is for????

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Sigh,
Agent T-its not just the CCTV mate...
I won`t list the multitude of spying/data gathering techniques again here,but
there are many,and they are multiplying.
And when the government wires it all up to their all pervasive ID database system
i wish you luck...because we all know how reliable government computer systems are.
People will be refused doctors,petrol,bank account etc,just because of a glitch in the system.
People with the same names as crims and terrorists will be arrested.
The whole thing is designed to fail,causing massive public uproar for a more secure and reliable system.
This is when the governments,eager to please,introduce us all to the implantable microchip.
All these problems with the ID database is because people are losing thier cards,after all.
The chip will sort all that out.

Welcome to the hive.

Tell me I am wrong,mad even...
I hope you are right for everyones sake.

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
it just keeps coming doesnt it!

i take a quick look at the news and once again MORE surveillance systems this time something that really goes too far

A "superman" scanner, which will now be able to see through your clothes and bags as you walk into office blocks and shopping centres and i bet without you even knowing!

"Superman Scanner"

Kemp said Nemesis aimed to protect the public without being intrusive or harmful.

Quite contradictionary if you ask me

posted on Nov, 5 2006 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Yes Indeed Jay.

What was it,"from the emerging terahertz wave technology,more accurate at material discrimination than any X ray tech"

Hmmm,T waves.
Nice.
Wonder how they effect us as a species?
TERAHERTZ waves,Holy moly.
I bet there is not a machine invented yet which can detect how bad these mommas could be for us slaves.
Who cares,at least you can see the coc aine and bombs eh?

Sorry but this calls for a triple VOM

new topics

top topics

join