It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nato 'Kills 70 Afghan Militants'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 08:14 AM
link   
A clear victory for NATO forces in Afghanistan.

news.bbc.co.uk...
Nato forces in Afghanistan say they have killed 70 militants in fierce clashes in southern Uruzgan province.

Up to 150 militants attacked the Nato-led International Security Assistance Force (Isaf) troops at their base north of Tarin Kowt, Nato says.

In a battle lasting many hours, the alliance called in jets and attack helicopters to repel the assault.

In a separate incident in Uruzgan, a Nato soldier was killed when his convoy hit a roadside bomb.

Seems strange this has popped up right after the recent NATO bombing run that killed 12-50 civillians.

Does this kind of stuff happen all the time? Or is the media just hyping this incident up to cover the recent mishap?

Either way it's good to see NATO forces including Dutch and Australian troops have still got it. 70 killed with no deaths is extremley impressive from a military stand point.

What are your thoughts on this matter guys?

bih

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 12:54 AM
link   
gee how many times they said that they killed some terrorists? and then never show real proof

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Are Afghani fighters so ferocious that occupation soldiers have to fight them from the relative safety of the air using weaponry that outclasses them by several orders of magnitude?

To me every time I read of occupational armies using heavy machinery on ground troops it seems to be extremely cowardly.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Actually, this conflict was part of operation Eagle, in which Australian, Dutch, British and American forces are trying to push back Taliban forces so coalition forces - not taking part in operation Enduring Freedom - are able to start and continue social projects e.g. constructing schools.

They're killing Taliban forces every week... nothing unusual.

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frith
Are Afghani fighters so ferocious that occupation soldiers have to fight them from the relative safety of the air using weaponry that outclasses them by several orders of magnitude?

To me every time I read of occupational armies using heavy machinery on ground troops it seems to be extremely cowardly.

The whole Idea is to kill them with out killing any of our guys. And I don't think anyone that participates in a war is cowardly. I think they are more cowardly hiding behind woman and children.

bih

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I dont know but using air support all the time to fight poorly armed taliban seems like a coward to me.thats what the us does all the time.even when they attacked iraq they used so many planes to bomb then after they went with ground troops they are getting killed one by one

join