It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists want Islamic empire from Spain to Indonesia, Bush says

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:34 AM
link   

It's my responsibility to provide the American people with a candid assessment on the way forward. There is tough fighting ahead. The road to victory will not be easy. We should not expect a simple solution. The fact that the fighting is tough does not mean our efforts in Iraq are not worth it. To the contrary; the consequences in Iraq will have a decisive impact on the security of our country, because defeating the terrorists in Iraq is essential to turning back the cause of extremism in the Middle East. If we do not defeat the terrorists or extremists in Iraq, they will gain access to vast oil reserves, and use Iraq as a base to overthrow moderate governments across the broader Middle East. They will launch new attacks on America from this new safe haven. They will pursue their goal of a radical Islamic empire that stretches from Spain to Indonesia.

Source

Apparently, US mainstream media did not find his assertion important enough to report about, as none of the sources I gathered came from a US press agency.

Those simple Iraqi insurgents would never be able to overthrow 'moderate governments' throughout the Middle East, they simple lack the capability, skills and unity. Apart from that, they are far too busy killing each other.

However, Iran would be capable of overthrow governments. That's what I've been warning about for months. Iran could financially and militarily (by supplying weapons) support a coup d’état in in Saudi Arabia, which would give the 'axis' access to the largest oil reserves on earth, but Iraqi insurgents... no way.

Bush's assertion on terrorists willing to create an Islamic empire... they would never be able to do that. The US army is barely able to keep the Iraqi insurgents under control, let alone that those insurgents would be able to keep the then existing Western insurgents under control in Europe and other continents/countries.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Apparently, US mainstream media did not find his assertion important enough to report about, as none of the sources I gathered came from a US press agency.

which is a shame because this sheds light on the viewed strategic value of Iraq and US posession of which.

be careful not to underestimate the enemy, that is the cardinal sin in warfare.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
The sooner that we render Oil a relic of the past the sooner the Islamofascist goal of world Domination will become a pipe dream.

I predict the coming years will bring leaps and bounds of technology that decreases our addiction to Oil.

The devastating effects of Global Warming are now showing there ugly head, i beleive Governments of the world are now taking very very seriously its implications and embrace the need to stop our fossil fuel addiction, taking Oil out of the food chain will possibly halt two of man kinds most dangerous nemisis ..... Global Warming and Islamofascism.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I don't agree with the scare-mongering statements made. But here is more information on the goal for a new Caliphate.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join