It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens, newspaper publicized account in Tappen, ND

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This happened quite close to home too...yikes...

Here is the url for the article from The Forum newspaper, a reputable newspaper in Fargo, ND: www.in-forum.com... (although be aware you may have to form a quick user account to access this article).

But, here it is:

Pig-grabbing space aliens are the talk of Tappen, N.D., and beyond.

But Torrey Briese, whose family counts three close encounters with the inexplicable, doesn’t much worry what others think.

“Some people probably aren’t going to believe it. I’m not even trying to convince anybody. We know what happened,” said Briese, a member of the Tappen School Board whose family operates a ranch outside of town.

Briese and his wife, Myra, spoke Thursday of three strange occurrences experienced by family members in the past year, two of which were reported by their son Evan, 16.

According to Myra Briese, the latest incident went something like this:

Her son awoke early on the morning of Sept. 12 and got up to get a glass of water.

Looking out a window, the boy saw something moving in the corral that is home to several large hogs that are basically family pets.

Thinking it might be a coyote, he grabbed a gun and walked into the corral.

There, he encountered two creatures standing 8 to 9 feet tall that were doing something to one of the hogs. The boy fired his .22-caliber rifle at one creature and was pretty sure he hit it, judging by the unearthly scream it emitted.

Another creature then grabbed the boy and threw him to the ground, causing him to black out.

When Evan Briese awoke, he found that Ruthy, a 450-pound sow that had been ready to give birth, was gone.

The boy ran to the home of his older sister, Trista, a short distance from the house he shares with his parents.

Trista Briese made a frantic phone call to her parents and it wasn’t long before they, and later the Kidder County sheriff, were on the scene.

Evan Briese, whose shirt was in tatters, told his story.

The sheriff, Doug Howard, then left but came back the next day. He ultimately came to no conclusions about what happened to the hog, Myra Briese said.

Several days later, with the help of a hypnotist, Evan Briese remembered more details.

Five entities had been in the corral. Two were in the process of dragging what appeared to be a dead hog when the boy interrupted them.

“It’s unexplainable,” Myra Briese said.

“This still bothers Evan to this day,” she said, adding that her son feels guilty for not being able to save his younger sister’s hog.

As for the other incidents, one was in April when Evan and his cattle dog, Buster, were checking on cows during calving season, his parents said.

Investigating a flashing glow, the pair walked over a hill and saw an object resting on the ground that appeared to be scanning a waterhole with an intense beam of light.

At first, boy and dog could do nothing but stare.

The spell was broken when Buster ran barking at the craft, which took off into the night, causing what amounted to a sonic boom.

“It woke Myra up,” Torrey Briese said of the sound, adding that he, too, witnessed something unusual this past summer. It happened one night in July, when he was giving a neighbor a ride into town.

Briese said he and the neighbor noticed a bluish light in the sky, which stopped when they stopped and moved when they began driving.

“We spent about a half-hour watching it,” Briese said, adding that at one point the object flew so fast it went several miles in a matter of seconds.

Based on the description of the object his son saw in April, Briese links the two events, adding that he’s never been given to flights of fancy.

“Evan and I are very skeptical,” Torrey Briese said. “We used to watch ‘The UFO Files’ on TV and laugh out loud.”

Briese said he wouldn’t be surprised if people feel the same about his story, but he said the family doesn’t feel a need to prove anything and they’ve moved on.

“We’re not out looking for aliens every night,” he said.

Brice Barnick, the mayor of Tappen – located off Interstate 94 between Bismarck and Jamestown – said visits by UFOs are the talk of the town, though he himself is not quite on board.

“I’m not saying it can’t happen. But I’d have to see it to believe it,” Barnick said.

At the time of the April incident, the Brieses were put in touch with Richard Moss, a UFO investigator who happened to be in Tappen for a funeral.

Moss, of Long Prairie, Minn., is the Minnesota representative of the Mutual UFO Network, an organization based in Colorado dedicated to the study of UFO phenomena.

Moss, a former high school science teacher, said that in many years of investigating UFO reports, only a handful have impressed him as having the potential to be genuine.

The Tappen incidents, he said, fall into the latter category.

“There are a lot of people out there who are telling false stories. The credibility of the witness is a big thing,” Moss said.

In the case of Evan Briese, Moss said it was interesting to view the boy’s demeanor before and after the hypnotic regression.

Prior to hypnosis, “He (Briese) had a sort of unsure look on his face. He was still really wondering what had happened. After the hypnotic regression, he knew. He was made to remember,” Moss said.

Sheriff Howard was off duty Thursday and could not be reached for comment.

John Lemieux, a Kidder County deputy, said he did not believe the incident in September resulted in a written report.

Torrey Briese said strange things are still happening.

A relative who farms in the Tappen area recently had a sheep die, and a veterinarian who examined the animal found no obvious reason for its death, Briese said.

A cause of death wasn’t the only thing missing.

Someone, Briese said, removed a single testicle from the animal.

It was done with surgical precision, he added.

Forum reporter Steven P. Wagner contributed to this report Readers can reach Forum reporter Dave Olson at (701) 241-5555

mod edit to use "ex" tags
Quote Reference.

[edit on 28-10-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Sorry I didn't write more above. I've been extremely busy lately.

So, what do any of you think? Is this the real thing or a hoax?

I live in MN, so this is quite close. I saw what I think was a UFO a couple of weeks ago. I was outside, in the evening during twilight after the sun had just set, and I saw what at first appeared to be a fast moving airplane (at least the lights seemed as though from an airplane) heading westward. However, as I continued to watch it, I didn't hear any airplane sounds. I've seen and heard plenty of airplane sounds around here, since there are often small planes doing crop dusting or other aerial surveilance, or whatever. You can see the planes and hear them, always (when they are near, like this object was). But this object did not have any sound and it was traveling rather close to the northern horizon, yet heading westward. I should have definitely heard something. But, no sounds. And then, more weirder, it was traveling way too fast for a small airplane. And then, as it headed quickly into the western horizon, it just disappeared. Just gone. Couldn't see it no matter how hard I tried.

This is not typical, is all I can say. I would have almost thought is was a meteor, except that is was traveling slower than a small meteor...besides, it had lights like an airplane too, so...

ND is west of MN. This supposed ET event happened in ND...hmm...

Someone who is knowledgeable about ETs said (after I asked) that this event in Tappen, ND was a connected effort by all those involved just to present ETs in a negative manner. But does that make sense? Would Evan have torn up his clothing and set the family's beloved pig to the wild, while she was pregnant, and then get the rest of his family and the local authorities involved too, not to mention drawing the attention of reporters from a local reputable newspaper, just to give ETs a bad name??? Does that make sense?

And by the way, make sure you understand that The Forum is no second-hand newspaper with a small 1 room office in a small town (Fargo/Moorhead has about 110,000 people). The Forum has a 5 story building, with security measures, a huge printing room, and floors for specific newspaper operations. They have an entire floor just for the reporters. I know. I've been there quite a few times.
In other words, this newpaper, which I believe is owned by a huge company in California, would not present an article about ETs without a lot of scrutiny, research, and pretty darn good facts.

posted on Oct, 28 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Not sure on the validity, but it is no doubt a fascinating account. You should call the reporter who's been following the story, perhaps he could shed quite a few more details that weren't included in the published version. I would love to talk to those folks that actually experienced it. Hopefully they start documenting future contacts with video.

posted on Oct, 29 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I am from fargo nd and im not sure if its real or not it seems kinda fishy to me that they just now write an article on it when it happened a month ago but who knows
nonetheless it is very scary to think about
i have this feeling its made up for halloween but i dunno it just seems wrong for the paper to do something like that

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well it's good to hear our 9 foot aliens are back...hadn't heard much from them since the Russian event. Maybe someone can "test" the North Dakota kid and see if he draws something similar:

www.ufoevidence.org...

I don't understand the statement of aliens in a negative light...this story does little to convince me they are aggresive. Taking a pig (which is genetically close to humans) and disarming a kid with a gun that just shot one of your buddies doesn't spook me.

The kids shirt should be tested immediately. Was the corral checked for prints? Was the gun really fired, is there a casing, is there a bullet possibly in the corral? I'm no CSI guy, but I'm sure someone could do a half decent job of digging up clues.

Sounds like a Linda Howe moment to me.

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Thats an amazing story, looks credible to me. Wouldnt surprise me if it were true. I bet L Howe is jumping on this

[edit on 30-10-2006 by Unplugged]

posted on Oct, 30 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Someone I know who claims to be in touch with ETs on semi-regular basis feels this is pretty legit too, and wants to get in touch with this family, help them out if possible...
So, yes I suspect that there will be people like L. Howe who will want to check this out too...
And I don't believe this is a Halloween prank...although, it is kind of questionable that the paper would wait to publish this article just a few days before Halloween...although, maybe the reporter/reporters working on this article had been researching it for a while, yet felt that readers would be more accepting in general if the article was presented around Halloween time, in keeping with the spooky mood of late :-)
But, still...this whole event needs to be looked into more...
Not sure how much I can do, since I'm so busy lately, but I'll keep checking around, maybe call the reporter too.

Oh, and the other person who told me that this was probably a faked ET event believes that ETs are very kind, loving, and peaceful and would never steal and harm a human being's livestock/pet...but no matter how advanced, I can't believe that there aren't some ETs in a civilization that stray from the majority of peace-loving beings and then commit naughty behaviors, like stealing pigs, removing animal reproductive parts, or whatever...
All ETs aren't perfect, just couldn't be...but that's just my opinion...

posted on Oct, 31 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
I do have some questions on this still...

Why did the kid go to his sister's house after coming to?
Why did he shoot at the aliens instead of waking his parents up?
Why didn't the sheriff write a report? The kid shot at someone...Let's say it was all just a prank: what if there was no report and yet at a nearby hospital that morning some person shows up with a couple of his friends shot and with a odd story. The hospital is suspicious and calls around...
Was there blood in the corral?
Are there pictures taken by the family or the police?

Hurry up Linda Howe, I'm getting impatient...

Astarfaraway...if you get a chance can you forward some of these questions on to the reporter.

For some reason the tall aliens seem believable to me...I have no idea why, but maybe something in past reports about encounters with them always seems down to earth (no pun) instead of the misty reports that usually comes out when talking about the greys. They all seem to carry these tubes/wands set on stun...I would think they would be smart enough to "bomb" the houses in the area where people sleep with these stun guns before landing and grabbing an animal. Must be some limits on the tech or danger in stunning sleeping people?

[edit on 31/10/06 by Atomic]

posted on Nov, 3 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   
i thought that the kid went into his house after the incident and his sister was there
i also thought that he shot at them because he thought they were coyotes not aliens he didnt realize that it wasnt one until after he shot it and heard it "scream"
there were some pictures on the web site of the paper but i'm not sure if it was from this particular incident or an earlier one. one of the pictures i saw was of a dead cow with something carved into its flesh looked like a drawing of the spaceship that the kid had drawn.
And i have a feeling that the sherif didnt write a report because its a small town in north dakota and probably didnt believe him as for the gunshots its not a big deal for guns to be shot in the country here people hunt so it wouldnt seem like a big deal to the cop he probably thought it was a coyote and thought nothing of it

this is just my opinion

top topics

join