It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternative 003?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I read a book several years back that was all about a concerted effort between the worlds superpowers after WWII to move a colony of the brightest the world had to offer to an offworld location, Mars I think it was... It was called Alternative 003 and it was in response to their data showing the global warming trend. It referred to a BBC program named the same that I haven't been able to find anything about.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of this and their thoughts on it...

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Source
Alternative 3 is a television programme, broadcast in the UK in (June of) 1977

It was claimed that scientists had determined that the Earth's surface would be unable to support life for much longer, due to pollution leading to catastrophic climate change. It was proposed that there were three alternatives to this problem: the first involved the detonation of nuclear bombs in the stratosphere in order to allow the pollution to escape. The second alternative was the construction of an elaborate underground city. The third alternative, the so-called "Alternative 3", was to populate Mars via a waystation on the Moon

It was basically a television show that was supposed to air on April Fools day, but was delayed until June of that year due to industrial problems. After it aired, a cult following grew with people believing it to be a real plan.

[edit on 10/25/2006 by pstiffy]

join