It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists point of View

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I think its time to move on from the religion we know today, to me its courrupt it manipulates the weak and the lost. To me the whole basis of religion is to believe that here on Earth we are all sinners and only in following religion will we make ourselves worthy. Well I dont feel unworthy, I know I'm not alone, I'm in a vast universe teeming with life. I dont need some Religeous peson telling me I'm a sinner and i'll burn in hell if I dont follow a particular doctrine, In my world heaven, hell, purgatory is what we make it. God what is or who is God, an Alien, a higher lifeform, does that make a God, no I dont think It does.

When we realise that we are not alone in the universe and know that we belong to a myriad of lifeforms we will not need religion, we never did, it is a system designed to control, and manipulate. Relgion to me represents, cruelty, murder, ignorance, superstiton, hate, fear, racism, discrimination, who needs such things. If we want to be in wonder of anything be in wonder of our universe our beautiful planet that gives us live not some false God dreamed up by man.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Religion.....

People need to realize that religion is nothing more than belief. And belief is nothing more than hope. Everyone is at least agnostic, even though they wouldnt admit it.

For all those who "hope" in god you could easily prove to non-believers that one exists. As soon as you know in god, you show us why you know in god. Then we will all know in god. Until then, you only believe. Belief is not knowledge!

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 07:33 AM
link   
i could make an attempt at that challenge, but what I believe probably only sworks for me.

Instead I will point out that people say that science proves there is no need for god to exist. Well in that case when they can explain why + attracts - then I might agree with their point more. And don't say because of the electromagnetic force, as we don't know why that exists. Science generally explains what happens, at a large enough scale why something happens but on a microscopic scale we do not.

PS i quite like science.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sight2reality
Religion.....

People need to realize that religion is nothing more than belief. And belief is nothing more than hope. Everyone is at least agnostic, even though they wouldnt admit it.

For all those who "hope" in god you could easily prove to non-believers that one exists. As soon as you know in god, you show us why you know in god. Then we will all know in god. Until then, you only believe. Belief is not knowledge!

I would be described as an agnostic atheist - agnostic because I know that there is a possibility (theoretically) that a god could exist and also due to the difference in definitions of god (I could believe in a certain type of god) and atheist because I do not believe that any of the religious deities that are portrayed by religions today exist.

Originally posted by apex
Instead I will point out that people say that science proves there is no need for god to exist. Well in that case when they can explain why + attracts - then I might agree with their point more. And don't say because of the electromagnetic force, as we don't know why that exists. Science generally explains what happens, at a large enough scale why something happens but on a microscopic scale we do not.
So the fact that everything at this time cannot be explained through scientific method means that God exists? All that means is that we dont understand the scientific mechanisms yet not that some Omni done it all.

G

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Not at all i'm not going to make that mistake like so many others have done, I just thought i would bring it up. I am sure there perhaps is an explanation but I am just pointing out that there is a counter argument.

posted on Nov, 1 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
well, as an atheist i believe that religion is many things to many people
to some people religion is a way to kick a habit
others find it as a way to explain a complex and confusing world in a simple manner
and still more see it as a way to justify their lofty position of power
and there are many more groups

but the primary thing that religion breeds is a lack of rational, logical thought

top topics

join