It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why doesn't Satan repent?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I was wondering if God has given Satan the opportunity to repent as he has for everyone else, and if he has why doesn't Satan repent? He knows what waiting for him at the end of the age, so why doesnt he repent?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehumbleone
I was wondering if God has given Satan the opportunity to repent as he has for everyone else, and if he has why doesn't Satan repent? He knows what waiting for him at the end of the age, so why doesnt he repent?

The real, real reason is that neither Satan nor God exist.

The second real reason is that God has no jurisdiction in Hell and Satan can have some peace.

The third reason is that Satan having experienced life with God for a while, rebelled because He couldn't stand it any longer.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Angels are fixed in their position. From what I know when satan's rebellion drew a 1/3 part of the angels with him, that means 2/3 stayed faithful to God. There spiritual position is now fixed. Jesus didn't die for angels, just mankind.

Why? maybe because angels did/do have a greater knowledge of God and actually saw/see God, so they are without excuse for rebelling against God.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by dbrandt]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Well, relatively simple, Satan was thrown from heaven because of pride. Do the prideful ever say they are sorry or that they are wrong? Rarely.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Maybe he knows something we dont.....

Seriously, how would we know if satan repented or not? We need to establish satans existence before worrying about his willingness to repent.

top topics

join