It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mud in the face - Hillary too ugly for Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
This is American politics at work.

Hillary Clinton's Republican challenger is getting personal and it's not pretty: He says the senator used to be ugly - and speculates she got "millions of dollars" in plastic surgery.
"You ever see a picture of her back then? Whew," said John Spencer of Clinton's younger days.

"I don't know why Bill married her," he said of the Clintons, who celebrated their 31st anniversary this month.

Noting Hillary Clinton looks much different now, he chalked it up to "millions of dollars" of "work" - plastic surgery.

Hillary at Wellesley College.

So, when you are desperate, you attack looks now??????????

How small. Yessssir, American Republicans are a bit desperate, imo.

www.nydailynews.com...

[edit on 23-10-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Linky please DG.

BTW, I think that Bill would have more of a problem with her testosterone level, compared to his.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
He denies ever saying anything like this.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
hey DJ77: can we have your avatar run instead of Hillary Clinton? She be fine.

Mod Note: General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by mrwupy]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
hey DJ77: can we have your avatar run instead of Hillary Clinton? She be fine.

If you have nothing to contribute to an ADULT conversation, please, don't post at all, M'Kay?

[edit on 23-10-2006 by mrwupy]

Edit: Thanks mrwupy for editting the ingorance in what was quoted here.

[edit on 23-10-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here's a link to the story:

The New York Post

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) -- Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton accused her Republican challenger of getting into "swampy territory" after he was quoted Monday as saying that Clinton was unattractive when she was younger and that she had a lot of work done on herself. John Spencer denied discussing the senator's looks during a conversation with a New York Daily News reporter.

The tabloid quoted Spencer as saying: "You ever see a picture of her back then? Whew. I don't know why Bill married her."

Spencer, former mayor of the New York City suburb of Yonkers, was also quoted as saying that Clinton underwent millions of dollars of "work" and "looks good now."
After the newspaper came out, Spencer said the comments were "a fabrication. I would never call Hillary Clinton ugly. That's outrageous. I didn't do it."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

If this quote was caught on tape, I'd be leaving the spot for U.S. Senator on my ballot blank next week, but since the source is questionable, I'll probably still turn the lever for this guy.

I couldn't imagine voting for Hillary, but it has nothing to do with her looks or lack thereof

[edit on 10/23/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Well, I admit its childish and inmature to stoop to the level of going for the looks department.
After all, the woman is not up for the "hottest Hollywood star" award.

If he said it shame on him. He could have attacker her ideologies or policies but her looks?
She maynot be the hottest thing on two legs, but can you name me a president who was "hot"???? Is that one of the qualifications?

Give me a grandpa/grandma-looking one who has the countries best interest at heart and i'll be very happy.

Is he saying "choose me, i'm better looking"?

The current administration, though, eeeeek, those people are spooky- NO MORE SPOOKS.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I don't know which would undermine this gentleman's credibility more: Resorting to such a tactic, or going so far overboard with his retraction as to actually say that Hillary looks good.

I'd sorta like to think that he never said the first thing though, but in US politics today you just really can't be entirely sure. I've heard some pretty childish stuff from some pretty influential pinheads... um, i mean people, lately. (Dang, that stuff i contageous)

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
okay - my apologies...

Hillary is a no-go IMHO, and it has nothing to do with her ugliness...

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
If this quote was caught on tape, I'd be leaving the spot for U.S. Senator on my ballot blank next week, but since the source is questionable, I'll probably still turn the lever for this guy.

He said it was made, and misconstrued, while on an airplane. He made the comment to his wife, and it was overheard by a member of the press who was seated next to his wife.

Or so he said.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
But Wait!!! That's not all.......

I had a chance today to flip thru some tabloids at the supermarket and it seems now Monica Lewinsky is the lover of a lesbian!!!!!

Gets better and better!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Outrageo
okay - my apologies...

Hillary is a no-go IMHO, and it has nothing to do with her ugliness...

Nope, has nothing to do with that, just NO references to sexual parts of the female anatomy. Not cool.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
He denies ever saying anything like this.

Yeah, and we beleive that.

He said it was made, and misconstrued, while on an airplane. He made the comment to his wife, and it was overheard by a member of the press who was seated next to his wife.

Ok, so we can basically mark this guy off as a jerk for having said it in the first place, and a liar. First he didn't say anything like it, then it was misunderstood, then he was having a private conversation with his wife, yada yada yada.

breakingnews.nypost.com...
John Spencer denied discussing the senator's looks during a conversation with a New York Daily News reporter.
The tabloid quoted Spencer

The Daily News is not a tabloid. Ironically, the Post, which is reporting the above, IS a tabloid.

Here is the story from the daily news:

www.nydailynews.com...
Spencer's bizarre comments came during a conversation with a reporter seated beside him and his wife, Kathy, on the 10:30 a.m. JetBlue flight Friday to Rochester, the site of the race's first debate.
In the wide-ranging chat, he also declared that his GOP running mate, attorney general hopeful Jeanine Pirro, was going to lose.
[...]"What's the matter with ruffling feathers?" he asked at one point.

He was talking to the reporter, and now he is lying about it. Its called 'spin control'.

And now spencer's monied backers are running with it:

www.nydailynews.com...
Fois wrote yesterday in the comments section of the Daily News' Daily Politics blog. "As a metaphor or gut reaction, this furor over Hillary Clinton is consumed with HER vanity and HER control freak way of dealing with America," he wrote in another posting.
He also called her a "hypocrite and a liar."
Reached by phone, Fois said he'd meant Clinton is "ugly as a person,"

I mean, even if we just ignore the specific content of what this guy said, its astoundingly stupid of him to have said this to a reporter on a plane on his way to a debate/political event. Even if a person agrees with what he said, he's apparently such an idiot, that he can't be trusted to be in office. And DJ I agree, can't vote for either of these two crappy candidates.

[edit on 25-10-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hey I'm not going to say that Hillary is beautiful but she isn't ugly. She is rather plain looking in that picture. She reminds me of a geek for that matter.

In politics they attack you where you are supposed to feel it the most but sometimes it doesn't come out that way.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
If Hillary had plastic surgery .... so what?

It's legal. She can afford it. She must have thought she needed it. And let's face it.. time is usually kinder to men than to women. If she's running for office she has to look well rested and perky. Men as they get older look mature. Women as we get older tend to look more tired.

Sorry. I know I'm going to get crushed in flames but GENERALLY that's true IMHO. If Hillary wanted to have some work done so she looks rested for the upcoming presidential race, then there is nothing wrong with that.

Hey .. KERRY and his (alleged) botox already paved the way for all this anyways.

EDITED TO ADD - and if some politician tells his wife, or others, that he thinks Hillary had plastic surgery then so what? Most of us said that we thought John Kerry was shooting up botox in the 2004 election. Plastic surgery is not illegal and we are all free to speculate on if someone has had it or not. Speculation isn't illegal either.

[edit on 10/25/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
its astoundingly stupid of him to have said this to a reporter

Agreed. Even though it's perfectly legal for him to speculate, it is political suicide. He should have kept his speculations at home and in private.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
If Hillary had plastic surgery .... so what?

Not only that, but its pretty obvious that she didn't have plastic surgery. She used to look frumpy, after a few years of hearing that, she got a new haircut and some contact lenses. I mean, this guy was making it out like 'oh this woman is SOOO friggin' vain, what a loony'.

if some politician tells his wife, or others, that he thinks Hillary had plastic surgery then so what?

Indeed, when I first saw the comments I thought, well, thats not nice, but he's allowed to say what he wants.
But he told this to a reporter, and now seems to have realized it was stupid and is backpedaling, imo.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Frumpy and homely, having arrived this way to the white house, they got to work on her and made her what she is today. (i know, i know)

They DO make them over so they fit the role of first lady. Look at all the previous Firsts......

new topics

top topics

join