It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Schizophrenia A Spiritual Illness Or Chemical In balance???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   

In my mind’s eye, I was not thinking of Avalon as a silly game using ordinary imagination or wishful thinking. I was thinking in terms of a commonly shared vision or dreamscape in which everyone literally sees the same imagery: the same clouds, the same trees, and one another just like we do in this dimension. I further thought it could be interacted on accordingly, in essence being able to step into one another’s minds in the process. Whether this mindscape is what Avalon was or not, I don’t know, but it is what I took it to mean at the time.

Taking this view, I have a few reservations regarding its authenticity because of some experiences I have had since The Family into this realm. I am familiar with the metaphysical theory involving visualization that if even one person believes something enough, it then becomes an existing reality.

Source
www.mrrena.com...

(mod edit- please do not copy and paste with out using the source and your own opinion on the matter,)

[edit on 23-10-2006 by asala]

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You see, the man clearly saw spiders scurrying all over his seafood. They were very, very real to him, which we could call his personal reality. However, did that mean that there really were spiders running all over his food? Of course not! The truth of the matter, the objective or universal reality, was that there were no spiders there at all, that they were merely a hallucination that only this poor man could see.

www.mrrena.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I have stated here on ATS that I have a close relative who has this disorder. They definately have a disorder, honey. There is no ifs ands or buts about it - they got it. The voices, seeing things, impulsiveness to stuff along with the OCD that comes with it sometimes.

Medication helps him control this so everyone doesn't have to bear witness to the "incicents"..

It certainly is real. And it is certainly dibilitating.

Where it comes from? Who knows, but there are chemicals in the brain that can be messed with to help the symptoms.

Thank God for them.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mountain_Fire77

I am not suggesting that there is no place for medication, though I would urge extreme caution and use it only as a last resort.

Actually Eric Knickerbocker was suggesting it. Posting someone elses work as your own, without giving the orgional author proper credit, is quite a no no.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pstiffy

Originally posted by Mountain_Fire77

I am not suggesting that there is no place for medication, though I would urge extreme caution and use it only as a last resort.

Actually Eric Knickerbocker was suggesting it. Posting someone elses work as your own, without giving the orgional author proper credit, is quite a no no.

Quite good but i wouldn't try and pass off this work as my own as i could only pray to a higher spiritual being that i could have the wisdom to write such a piece, just i didnt feel it 100% necessary to link his website as the info i wanted was on just 1 page, but i am quite amazed you would know who wrote it. Can i ask if you know much about the author?

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I agree with uplander. I have experienced psychotic episodes myself (although not related to schizophrenia) and it is most definitely a chemical imbalance.

What about drugs like '___'? They produce symptoms similar to that of schizophrenia (irrational thinking, delusions, hallucinations, etc.) . Does that mean the chemical makeup of such drugs create some sort of demon that infiltrates the mind? Is the entrance to the spiritual realm as easy as mixing up a few chemicals in a lab?

And what about the medications that supress the symptoms of schizophrenia, are they some sort of divine cure? Is there anything G-dly about the meds pharmacutical companies make?

And what would cause these so-called spiritual attacks? Evil deeds? Because there are plenty of bad people out there who are completely sane, and really great people who suffer from this illness.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pink_Cola

And what about the medications that supress the symptoms of schizophrenia, are they some sort of divine cure? Is there anything G-dly about the meds pharmacutical companies make?

To be honest i have experienced many things which i suppose lead up to me being classed as schizophrenic and before i even became a christian i knew somehow that it was something spiritual as i knew it was not my own being or spirit producing these thoughts and voices. I had experimented with many drugs since the age of 12 and used '___' roughly about 8 times when i was 14 or 15 and in my opinion it changed the way i thought and it was like i was a different person, like when i was on the '___' it was like there was someone else in my mind with me, which i cant really explain, but from other events ive heard from my friends it only deepens my belief that some drugs open our mind up to be tampered with by external beings as one of my friends took '___' one night and was looking in the mirror all night and all he could think about in his reflection was the devil. This is no solid evidence but for me after i learnt the truth (after i became a born again christian) i kinda had a revelation or knowledge that some drugs can open our minds more for spiritual encounters, but the main drug that can do so is '___' in my opinion.

It was only after i became a born again christian that i could understand that there is a spiritual realm out there and have even encountered (in my opinion) a few people who are deeply troubled by these spirits... and in most cases it was triggered and started by excessive use of drugs and in some causes people using Ouija boards. But as for the medication in trying to suppress the symptoms of the illness i see it like this....although might be wrong. If i am troubled by these problems and i drink some wine...it is something that will make the way i feel different, or even if i take Valium it will alter my mind so i will feel chilled out, although having these problems still, and maybe its the same with the medications they might use as in many cases it just sedates the person and slows brain activity way down so that they will not feel or experience the voices so much. But im no doctor or einstein just a theory i have which made sense to me

posted on Oct, 27 2006 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I have schizophrenia, I first became ill at age 17. When I became ill I was hearing voices in my head and I could'nt explain them. At first I thought it was the CIA or FBI talking to me through my fillings in my teeth. Then I thought the only other explanation for the voices was god, and I was being punished. I became exteemly simpathetic and empathetic to everything even ants. The voices told me if I hurt an ant I'm going to hell.

I've been to the far reaches of insanity and back. I know reality because I was normal as a kid, and I'm normal now thx to medication. I know schizophrenia is a chemical imbalance, because I take a chemical in a pill every night, and it keeps me from hearing voices. If I don't take that pill I have hallucinations, and can't destinguish whats real, and whats not. Schizophrenia is like having a nightmare but being awake at the same time. The mind can't tell whats real and what isnt. For instance someone puts a banna on a table, to you its a banna, to a schizophrenic god had them put that banna thier so you could talk to him.

I'm no longer paranoid, hear voices, have delusions (false belifes), or have hallucinations , Its been 10 years since my last relapse. You could'nt pay me to quit taking my medication.

What realy burns my a$$ is narrow minded people without a mental illness that stereotype, ridicule, and ostrisize people with mental disabilities. Just because they don't have a mental illness, the rest of the world should be the same. Well come sit on my psychiatric couch for a while pale, I'll find something wrong you nobodys perfect.

I was watching Rush Limbah today on the News make fun of Micheal J fox becasue of his parkensons, If I had the money to hunt him down I'd sock him in the nose just for being ignorant.

Just like cancer, heart disease, kidney disease, ect, ect, The mind can become ill too. The problem with that is our minds make us who we are, how we think, and precieve the world around us. No two minds think alike. Schizophrenia is a illness that is caused by a chemical imbalance and has nothing to do with god.

[edit on 27-10-2006 by wantsome]

new topics

top topics

join