It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phar Lap Conspiracy... True!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Well, well, well... It would appear that what many of us here in Australia thought was true has indeed turned out to be fact.

Phar Lap, Australia and New Zealand's greatest contribution to the sport of gentlemen, was actually poisoned!

Arsenic killed Australia's greatest racing horse Phar Lap 74 years ago, a new scientific study reveals, The Daily Telegraph reports.

And who was responsible for this heinous crime?

The story suggests a lethal dose of the poison was given to the Melbourne Cup champion about 35 hours before he collapsed and died in California on April 5, 1932.

Link to Article

Taken to America to take on the world, Phar Lap collapsed after just one major race. He died in the arms of his adoring trainer, Tommy Woodcock. Australians were stunned and suspected foul play. Had the American racing syndicates poisoned our champion?

Link to Article

It's just one blow after another, only minutes after finding out about Phar Lap did I hear about America's banning of Vegemite!

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Oh, please don't mention Vegemite -- I have been living in Costa Rica and literally dreaming of Vegemite.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Wait, Vegemite is banned in the U.S.?

Well, that would explain why I've never ever
seen it in any store.

If some American organization did murder this horse, well it
would'nt surprise me, very sad of course.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Yep, the food nazi's have banned vegemite because it contains folic acid!

THE US has banned Vegemite, even to the point of searching Australians for jars of the spread when they enter the country.

original source
Grrrrrrrrrrr

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by iori_komei
Wait, Vegemite is banned in the U.S.?
Well, that would explain why I've never ever seen it in any store.

Although off topic, yes Vegemite has been banned because it contains folate.

It is sold in your country and many expat Australians have relied on it's importation to continue the tradition of Vegemite on toast for breakfast.

An expat Aussie has even been searched crossing the border from Canada.

Former Geelong man Daniel Fogarty, who now lives in Calgary, Canada, said he was stunned when searched while crossing the US border recently.

"The border guard asked us if we were carrying any Vegemite," Mr Fogarty said.

"I was flabbergasted." Paul Watkins, who owns a store called About Australia in San Antonio, Texas, said he had been forced to stop importing Vegemite six months ago.

Link to Article

Besides those few Aussies in th U.S. that will now be forced to miss out, only the parent company will be negatively impacted... Kraft, an American company.

I think this guy says it all:

Great now who's going to understand our songs now. Except the guy who's six feet tall and full of muscles from Brussles!

Link to Article

"Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was six foot four and full of muscles
I said, "Do you speak-a my language?"
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite sandwich
And he said,

"I come from a land down under
Where beer does flow and men chunder
Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder?
You better run, you better take cover."

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I am outraged at this and have started a thread. I'm going to get to the bottom of this. What about the allies. This could start a war

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
OK, getting back on topic...

I have seen the movie "Phar Lap" several time, it's a real heartbreaker. I'm a horse lover, my dad owned race horses and I have seen, time and again, this kind of thing happen to race horses. It's horrendous, I hate horse racing for all of the corruption and cruelty to these magnificent animals. Phar Lap had a heart like no other race horse, he was a true champion. Thanks for posting, OP, I had always suspected foul play with him.

top topics

join