It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats your favorite Pike rumor

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:12 AM
link   
OK since the past few days seems to have been alittle slow on our beloved ATS secret society forum, i have decided to pose a question that i have been keeping in the back of my mind for several months... that being, What is your favorite rumor about Albert Pike, the compiler and posterchild of the scottish rite of the American southern jurisdiction and author of Morals and Dogma.

now i pose this question not to start any great debate on what may or may not be true of the man, but rather just to see what everyone else has heard of him in their research and studies.. and maybe have a few laughs in the process

i'm sure many of us are familiar with a great many rumors about him, such as that he was said to often take a half dozen whores and a wagon of food into the woods for a week of orgies and gluttony.

Other far less savory and humorless rumors also persist, such as that he was a principle member or even founder of the KKK.

But for me, i think the most interesting rumor is that he was said to constantly wear a bracelet that some claim was a spirit fetish which kept him in constant contact with a spirit guide, some going so far as to suggest that this spirit was infact the devil himself, and that through this bracelet he would have a daily meeting with the devil. which supposedly took place at 3pm.

Now while the fancifull nature of this rumor brings a smile to my face, i find that i have to debunk it myself in the interest of not sounding like a gullible fool.

While i would not discount the idea that one could infact contact and remain in contact with the spirits (with or without such a spirit fetish), I find it highly unlikely that it would infact be the biblical devil. inperticular for the following reasons.. the first being that anyone who has truly read pikes work, could not possibly belive that he was a servant of the biblical devil, or an agent of evil at all. Secondly, as Pike was a lawyer, he would have had to spend atleast sometime in a courtroom, and court is usually insession at 3pm, it would have been impractical for him to have to divide his time between litigation and a confrence with the devil.

But at anyrate, the question is posed and i look forward to hearing all the outlandish stories you have all come across over the years.. and i hope the question and exchange of stories amuses you all as much as i expect it will amuse me

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I love the document on taking over the world. Showed up in some museum in england so said some guy. It has never been seen since.

The test of wills and pineal glands everywhere;

'We shall unleash the Nihilists and Atheists and provoke a formidable social cataclysm which in all its horror will show clearly to nations the effect of absolute atheism, origin of savagery and of the most bloody turmoil. Then everywhere, the citizens, obliged to defend themselves against the world minority of revolutionaries, will exterminate those destroyers of civilization, and the multitude, disillusioned with Christianity, whose deistic spirits will from that moment on without compass (direction), anxious for an ideal, but without knowing where to render its adoration, will receive the true light through the universal manifestation of the pure doctrine of Lucifer, brought finally out in the public view, a manifestation which will result from the general reactionary movement which will follow destruction of Christianity and atheism, both conquered and exterminated at the same time.'

Sorry can't find the whole doc.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
If that was the paper in which he supposedly wrote on the two world wars i would agree that it is a good one. It's never been seen since it's supposed discovery, which of course means no reasonable copies, no photocopies.. no repoductions, and of course no carbon dating

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
This is quite a plausable rumor, although I can't be sure of its veracity.

top topics

join