It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pelosi no shoe in for Speaker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It seems Pelosi's Ultra Liberal stance has put her at odds with some of the Democratic Leadership.

www.washingtontimes.com...

Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi's prospects for becoming the nation's first female House speaker depend not only on a Democratic victory in November but also on her ability to prevent any Democrats from voting against her -- primarily centrists opposed to her liberal stances.

At least one Democratic House candidate has pledged not to support Mrs. Pelosi, and others in conservative districts have refused to commit their support -- potentially leaving Mrs. Pelosi shy of the 218 votes required for the chamber's top post.

Looks like the battle started awhile back. Pelosi actually had Murtha announce his seeking a leadership position to offset Hoyer. I remember at the time no one could figure Murtha's intent.

The tangled webs we weave! Power is like a drug for some people.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   
As I've said elsewhere here, perhaps a Madame Speaker Nancy Pelosi would be the best thing for the Republicans going into 2008. Her San Francisco liberalism would be the perfect thing to drive people back to the Republican Party.

[edit on 10/20/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Her San Francisco liberalism would be the perfect thing to drive people back to the Republican Party.

A price, I for one, am not wanting to pay! Not even for a short time, since the damage would probably be irreversible.

join