It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love is not a power

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Love is not a power, yet it is a force, and a stronger force than power. Love is kind, love is good, love is caring, love is intelligent, love harms none, and love is understanding. Love is appreciative and love is united. Love is infinite and love is eternal. May all of your days be blessed my fellow ATS and BTS friends.

Power is not love. Power is of ego, narcissism, control, corruption, and a lack of love. Be kind today.

I am not 'nothing therefore I know I am everything.' I am everything therefore I know I am not nothing.

The being is not, 'nothing therefore it is everything.' The being is everything therefore it is not nothing: The Eternal Being.

♥~Infinite Love and Eternal Peace~♥
@::Bloom::@

[edit on 20-10-2006 by UbiquitousInfiniteReality]

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Love is an action.

Love is a choice.

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I hope we are not dealing with semantics. God is All-Powerful and Infinitely Powerful. Even in the physics definition, force falls below power.

God Loves All and no Being can Love another Being like God. Is this due to power?

Which comes first, Spiritual Power, Physical Power, Spiritual Love, or Physical Love, or are they one and the same?

posted on Oct, 20 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenannie38
Love is an action.

Love is a choice.

I totally agree. It is easy to love the lovable. It is a choice to love the unlovable. What we chose to do shows how loving we are.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Love is a chemical reaction in your head, well, depending on the type of love.

G

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Emotional love and spiritual love are two different things, shihulud.

Emotional love is usually a reaction or a need (and often a lust or desire) and it is a 'feeling' which causes us to act (or react). It is not a 'cause' but an 'effect.'

But spiritual love is the 'cause' (and originates from the 'first cause') and when it is put into action the effects are far-reaching and good for all of us...good for the world.

It isn't about 'feelings' that come from others into our hearts but rather about what comes out of our hearts toward others...manifested by literal physical activities.

It doesn't have a tally sheet and it doesn't take names or have requirements. It is a like a pile of good things - and emotional love is like a pit or a hole that just keeps getting deeper as it goes along.

And only a pile can fill a hole.
But someone's got to be willing to pick up the shovel and do the work.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
God Loves All and no Being can Love another Being like God. Is this due to power?

Not on their own, no....

BUT, God CAN and WILL put both the ability and the desire which is HIS love into the heart of a man - and that was the witness of Christ - the first manifestation of true love that we were given....

And if we try (which is all we can do but we must TRY with sincerity) then God will give the increase and will perfect our Love (by shaping it into the form of His love) at some point in time (which only He determines) and truly - the point at which this happens is something which is both known and understood in the soul's individual experience (which is available for all souls) - and I think that THAT is the greatest miracle in our present age - a personal miracle, but an astounding one, all the same. When God puts His heart and His spirit (which is love and truth) into the heart of a man, then all things become apparent and that's when a soul realizes there is nothing other than GOD! No other power, no rival, no alternative, no opponent, and above all, no chance of long-term resistance!

I find, looking back, that one of the best ways to try to 'love your neighbor as yourself' is to cease all comparisons and judgments - in other words, make your love impersonal; in the noblest sense of the word which doesn't mean the same as being without compassion. For it is only without respect to personal situations, personalities, and shortcomings (or shiny parts) that true compassion for one another can be manifested. If we realize that none of us have any advantage over any other (and this includes not berating our own selves for our mistakes and poor judgments and what we might consider character flaws) then we might begin to realize that GOD made us ALL just as WE ARE and He does nothing without perfect cause - and if HE loves us (AS WE ARE) then why can't we love ourselves (AS WE ARE) and each other, too (AS THEY ARE)? When that becomes the mind-set then improvements will abound in all souls! First the love then the perfection....

Which comes first, Spiritual Power, Physical Power, Spiritual Love, or Physical Love, or are they one and the same?

Physical love surely comes first - in it's purest form it is the essence of the bond between mother and newborn child which causes the world to continue underneath the feet of mankind....and also physical love leads to partnership and parenthood - which is also essential in the grand scheme of things....

BUT the best way to understand the power of man is to experience personal failure or disappointment to a degree which causes one to despise a personal sense of human power...because the only power man has is that of his weakness - and it is within this weakness that God's power is manifested.

God bless and keep you, my dear friend GT!

top topics

join