It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Railroad Forum Petition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
As most of you gentlemen and ladies know I am what is called a railfan. A railfan is defined as a person who is strongly interested in railroading as a hobby.
Railfan as Defined by Wikipedia

A railfan or rail buff (American English), railway enthusiast (Australian/British English), or (often with a more specialized meaning, described below) trainspotter (British English), is a person who is strongly interested, in an amateur capacity, in railroads. Railfans can be found worldwide.

As for how I got started on the railfan thing goes very very much like this.

I got the love for trains from my dad, who has also loved trains since he was a kid. So he passed it on down to me when I turned about four or five years old. Surprisingly, he worked with a guy on the fire department here in two that also worked for the Chessie System Railroad, the prelude to C.S.X.. I do regret this one thing from my childhood though. I turned down a chance to climb inside the cab of a GP35, I believe, at the time. It being me at four or five years old, I chickened out. Well would you blame me??? lol I mean a kid that age would be too scared because of the noise, and I was one of those kids.

If you have any questions about the railroads feel free to ask me. You would be surprised at some of the answers that I can give you. Have a question about how an axle arrangement is designated??? A question about the prime mover of an EMD GP40? This forum will be the perfect opportunity for me to give you any information on the railroads that you need. Have a question, I'll give you an answer!!!

Plus, this forum could be the perfect place to talk about the technology that has evolved on the railroads in the past one hundred eighty years. Everything from the earliest of steam engines, to the Last Days of Steam to the diesel era. It is a melting pot of technology these days. From the SD9s still in use by BNSF to the high powered, low emmission General Electric's Evolution Series and to the Electro - Motive SD70 series.

By the way, here are my two favorite engines of all time.

I am asking for at least 300 votes for this to be noticed. More votes will kindly be accepted.

[edit on 10/18/2006 by gimmefootball400]

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Please add any further requests for new forums to the following thread.

ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Closing

join