It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush for President

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Not being from that side of the pond, and not heavily versed in US politics, is it possible for G.W to get elected again or to remain in office.

I have read a lot of comments lately in various posts regarding Bush needing the votes, even though his term is coming to an end. People are quick to reply with the usual, he can't run for the next election.

I know there is a 2 term limit, but can they run again after a period of time?

Or has there ever been a case where a US President has had to remain in office, for whatever reason, after his terms were fulfilled?

Educate me.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grailkeeper
Not being from that side of the pond, and not heavily versed in US politics, is it possible for G.W to get elected again or to remain in office.

I have read a lot of comments lately in various posts regarding Bush needing the votes, even though his term is coming to an end. People are quick to reply with the usual, he can't run for the next election.

I know there is a 2 term limit, but can they run again after a period of time?

Or has there ever been a case where a US President has had to remain in office, for whatever reason, after his terms were fulfilled?

Educate me.

No. The 22nd Amendment rules out his being able to stand for President again. He could possibly come in as a member of any future Republican president's cabinet, but while that's happened in the past, it hasn't happened in the past 70-odd years.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
He would have to change the law to allow his Presidency to last past 2008. NO ONE would ever let that happen.

Laws are in place to prevent a president having more than 2 terms.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Clear and Present danger.

If he starts proceedings for this, which i'm sure he has the gall to, this will be the dictatorship he's dreamed about and people, get out- whether by flight, bus, or inflatable rafts.
I would highly recommend it.

Where to go? Anyplace other than here.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Lol,

Bush is going to step down in 2008, the next President is going to step in. I'll be willing to bet $10,000 on that.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Well, he's only got two years to go and he continues to eradicate and dictate. I would not be surprised at all, my friend.

All it would take is a little attack.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I was sort of leading towards DG's way of thinking.

Not that I believe in every 'off the wall' conspiracy, but part of the reasoning for the topic was in fact based on the possibility of someone(s) conspiring to stay in office after their term is up.

What possible scenarios, if any, could someone like the president do to remain right where he is longer then permitted, or at the very least come back in to the same type of power position?

What would happen if there were no candidates running for the presidential election? Would the vice president be automatically next in line?

Could the now President Bush, hold office later on as Vice President?

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Not sure, but I believe he can run for VP, although I doubt Bush would do that. He could declare martial law and suspend elections though. But I don't think the powers that be would allow that, since he's so unpopular now. They'll just install someone else who will do their bidding.

top topics

join