It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explusion.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I have a neat little story to tell, well maby not that neat since a friend of mine had a knife pulled on him in this incident.
My friend, Matt, attended Smoky Hill Highschool here in Aurora Colorado. Same school I went to years ago. Durring my time there everyone was allowed to go off campus durring off hours. But at the time, the deans and other people higher up on the ladder were trying to get rid of off campus for students, which in turn, would hurt the fast food and 7-11 buisnesses around the school.
Well, I got a call from Matt a few weeks ago. As it stands now, I've been out of school for 3 years now, and since then 9th and 10th graders arn't' allowed to go off campus anymore. Well, since my friend picked up the habbit of smoking, he had to find a place on campus with no cameras or security guards to sneak a quick smoke. About 2 and a half weeks ago, he was in this area for a smoke break when he was approched by 3 other students, older and taller then him. Matt is a small guy and looks like you could snap him like a twig. One of the 3 other students started saying things and was trying to start a fight with my friend. Matt is one who hates conflicts and is nice to everyone he meets, which is why he has so many friends. As Matt was trying to defuse the situation, this student then pulled a knife and began walking toward Matt.
Now, I'll ask you this, if this happened to you, do you run? Yes, but Matt was cornered against the school building. So Matt, haveing been trained in martal arts for over 8 years, had no choice but to defend him self. He simply kicked the knife wielding assailant in the knee, hitting that sweet spot. The attacker's knee gave out and his whole leg bent backwards as his knee cap was dislocated.
Matt was later expelled from school because the attacker didn't strike first. What was he suposed to do? Stand there and wait to get stabbed? His training was alot like my own, you never give your opponent the chance to gain the initiative. My master live by this and has had knifes pulled on him before and has done the same exact thing, go for the knee.
So what happened to the other kid? Mr. Gimp Knee got expelled as well, or kicked out as Matt told me, the incident wouldn't go on his record. It did for Matt though. As it turns out, no cameras or security guards saw the incident, and couldn't find a knife of the attacker. The attackers 2 other friends claimed that there was no knife, and the deans believed them, 3 people's words against my friend's one. Go figure.
Matt isn't one to use his training for no reason, but those idiots at Smoky Hill don't care, this is the same school that had one of their counselors talk me into droping out, then went on boasting about the "No Child Left Behind" act. From my own experiances, and from the times my own mother have talked to the people at that school, they're corrupted, they don't give a rat's butt as long as then can get funding and go on boasting about how they're one of the best highschools in the nation.
What Matt did was the right thing to do. His parents tried going to the school to get things straight, but were turned away, I tried sending a letter to both 9 and 7 news investagators with no avail. But it doesn't matter now, Matt is in a new school now and is glad he's out of that hellhole know as Smoky Hill. I figured this story was worth shareing, I'm sure some of you out there have similar stories. Thanks for reading.

[edit on 18-10-2006 by Slash]

[edit on 18-10-2006 by Slash]

join