It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Peace Sign is upside-down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2006 @ 12:07 PM
link   
ok, let me try some #ty illustration:

LIFE DEATH

\\ || // ||
\\ || // ||
\\// ||
|| //\\
|| // || \\
|| // || \\

FOR COMPARISON

__----__
/ || \
/ || \
| || |
| || |
| //|\\ |
\ // || \\ /
\// || \\ /
--- _||_---

I think we got suckered by the illuminazi or a similar cult, i mean it's kinda accurate if you think about it - people simply forgot to read the small print, so to speak. think about it, next time you see that symbol!

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
the "peace sign " as it has become known is actually the semiphore (sp?) signal for
No Nukes begun in the 50s as I recall. rather pointless today as most thirdworld
entities have some form of the nuke or can buy one on the black market.

[edit on 14/10/06 by JAK]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 08:10 AM
link   
The peace sign was actually based on semaphoric (flag) signals 'N' and 'D'. It was designed in 1958 for the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, so you can guess what N and D stand for.

N position
D position

☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮

But good work for picking that up, Long Lance! At least it shows someones tuned it. Perhaps a little research in future, though?

[edit on 14/10/2006 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:20 PM
link   
err, i'm sorry, that's like saying [exaggerated example] See, my new sign for XXX, it may look like a swastika, but see it's just YYY combined with ZZZ and a bit of artistic fredom [/exaggerated example].

yo, it's still 'death in a circle'. sucks, doesn't it? i mean if you wanted to sucker the world into embracing a symbol of death, wouldn't you, too invent a plausible cover story???

posted on Oct, 14 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Imagine someone in front of you. They are on their knees, begging for their life.
They would look similar to a buddhist or muslim at worship, only their arms are stretched out, hands on the ground.

IE: The top vertical line is their legs on the ground knees down. The bottom vertical line is the head. The two bottom slanted lines are the two arms, stretched out.

IE: Imagine you are standing over this guy:

Sounds stupid? Too bad. Thats what it means. Gerald Holtom says that that's what it means. Gerald Holtom... He designed the symbol, so I think HE of all people would know what it means.

posted on Oct, 16 2006 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Considering the swastika originally meant good fortune and well being, I'd be quite happy to adopt it as a symbol, but unfortunately too many people associate it with Nazism.

new topics

top topics

join