It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizen Preparedness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Hello. I see a lot of information presented in this forum that does not make it into the mainstream news media. Americans and other citizens of this planet desperately need such a forum. Coherent, civil discourse on these events is not available in the mainstream public forums (talk radio for example). But I do not see a place where we can discuss how best to respond to these events and the situation(s) we face.

I would like to discuss citizen preparedness. Every able bodied citizen should practice some level of basic emergency preparedness. The Most important aspect of preparedness is the plan. Everyone should have a plan for what to do in the event of an emergency/threat situation. Talk to your neighbors. Set up bases of operation with neighbors and relatives. Designate contact people so everyone who needs to be in the loop is kept up to date. Have food and water and supplies stored at your house and at the houses of close neighbors and friends and family. Have an emergency kit in your car. Be ready to evacuate if the need arises (Location is the second most important aspect of preparedness). Be ready to help your neighbors. We cannot rely on our government at any level, so we have best be ready ourselves.

- Hilary_155

join