It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I could be crazy but..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Is it possible this nuclear test is a sign of things to come? A lot of people think this week, October 9-13, something will happen along the lines of an "October Surprise" (i.e. terrorist attack). But, to my main reasoning behind making this thread..

I was just listening to John Bolton on FOX News and he was talking about the election of a new Security Council leader, and he said something to the effect of this nuclear test would delay the election.

Now, am I crazy or, is it possible that the rumors of an "october surprise" being on a major scale would be used to in a way, delay the elections?

I'm really just trying to give a little more credibility that something big is planned for October that would change or delay the elections in the same way this nuclear test is delaying the U.N. election.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I guess there is a possibility that this could happen as the most favoured candidate for Secretary General to replace Kofi Anan is Ban Ki-Moon who just happens to be a senior South Korean politician.

Given that Ban is not universally supported as the new head of the UN and the potential sensitivity of putting a South Korean into this position within days of a North Korean nuclear test a delay might make some sense.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yeah I was interested to hear he was from South Korea. I started to wonder if THIS was the "October Surprise", but I don't really think this is going to create enough support for Bush and the Republicans for it to have a major effect on the elections. So, I'm thinking it has to be something terrorist related if they're going to win this election.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
we've expected attacks june 6th, july 4th, august 22nd, september 11th, now october too? living in fear is not living. if it happens, it happens, but theres no sense worrying your life away

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
There's more going on currently than on those dates. It's also more important and will have a greater influence on the election outcome than it would have back in June.

top topics

join