It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On choosing music software...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
What music software would satisfy my need if I wanted to be able to create music (from say, a MIDI keyboard) create some killer rhytms and maybe combine it with vocals, mix it down and burn it on to a CD.

I've worked some with Steinberg's Cubase VST, which is a nice program, but I'm sure it'll be able to do all of the above mentioned. And since I'm thinking of building the system from scratch, what exactly would you suggest, I get?

Any insights welcomed!

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 02:59 AM
link   
You might want to check out Reason by propellerheads (their site) I don't have a midi keyboard, but I have the program. I like the program as it is, but if you have a midi keyboard you can do so much with it. When you get it the program comes with 2 sound banks which should keep you occupied for a while. There are so many cool things you can do with it that I don't really know where to start. So look into it and if you have any questions feel free to send me a U2U

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I reccomend Cubase and propellerheads. It all depends what exactely you are doing. I mean my favourite music software is Pro Tools but that is used more in studio situations.

posted on Nov, 11 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Hey guys; thanks for the input.
History; checked out Propellerhead's Reason, sounds interesting, reminds me, that I read about this somewhere before, It was suppose to have been the hype a while back, simplifying the process of making music with software...

Earthtone; could you explain a bit about Pro Tools, sound interesting, what are the specs, requirements and such... A link perhaps?

posted on Nov, 12 2003 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Even though I use Pro tools on a regular basis (at least twice a week) I don't actually know a great deal about it.
This link will help
www.digidesign.com...

posted on May, 6 2004 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I just bought this equipment, I think it should get me started. I plan to use my laptop to run it;
Edirol Midi-keyboard PCR-80
US122 Tascam Audiointerface US122
ST9600 Steinberg Cubase SL-2 PC/Mac.

top topics

join