It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Human Religion is Most Dangerous to Human Welfare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Two definitions:

1) Spirituality: having a close and personal relationship with God.

2) Human Religion: acts or practices designed to increase or decrease Spirituality.

Six types of people:

1) Spiritual and involved in a human religion that increases Spirituality: no danger to human welfare.

2) Spiritual and not involved in a human religion: slight danger to human welfare.

3) Spiritual and involved in a human religion that decreases Spirituality: some danger to human welfare.

4) Non-Spiritual and involved in a human religion that increases Spirituality: more dangerous to human welfare than 3).

5) Non-Spiritual and not involved in a human religion: more dangerous to human welfare than 4).

6) Non-Spiritual and involved in a human religion that decreases Spirituality: the most dangerous type of person to human welfare.

I pray that we can always be 1's!!!

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   
And what do you base these on??

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The Bandit795, just a brief series of thoughts. Please correct me if I am in error. The post had two purposes: 1) to hopefully enlighten, and 2) to have people, including myself, rethink where we are with God and human religion.

What is your view?

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
GreatTech,

Lets just hope your god is not satan, who can apparently take the form of any deity and trick any mortal.

Your statement is based on no fact and serves no purpose than I would to convice all individuals that Santa does exist in some form or another and will only appear when he/she see's fit.

Your faith in a being that you cannot prove exists has as much credibility as me staing that the tooth fairy is real because I found money under my pillow after I left a tooth there when I was growing up...

You cannot substantiate what you say and stating that faith is the only thing you need is as plausible as me saying that I am god and commanding you to give me all your money because it is written in this here text.

So far, I have read no more proof that the bible is the word of god and Jesus is the son of man than that of Harry potter being a real wizard and performing majic to save others.

Have you ever considered that the bible was just a story containing a tail of morality based on circumstances that may have occured at the time of its composition?

Religion at the price of a personal loss of any description whether it be financial, material or psychological serves not purpose other than to degrade. Religion should only educate to develope an individual to be a better individual.

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Creeping Jesus:

Personally, I Love and Worship God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

Personally, I always reject Satan.

Personally, I believe that I am more worried about you than you are of me.

Merry Christmas and Happy Easter!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Creeping Jesus:

Personally, I Love and Worship God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

good for you and I hope his makes you fulfilled.

Personally, I always reject Satan.

Surely you can only reject that which openly shows to be satanic?
How can you know Satanism without experiencing Satanism?

Personally, I believe that I am more worried about you than you are of me.

I am not worried about you, only the other who may be taken in by that which you say.

Merry Christmas and Happy Easter!!!

Happy Hanukkah, Ramadan and have a wonderful Walpurgisnacht!!!!

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Creeping Jesus, which religion are you? I am Roman Catholic whith other influences by a few other other Christian religions.

What to you is the best religion in the world? Is it best to be a believer, agnostic, or atheist. To me, at all costs, it is best to always believe in the Supreme Being, God.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I follow no specific organised religion and only believe in what I experience and the depth of my belief is based on the limitation of my experience.

There is no wrong with religion as a way of maintaining morality and educating, but to influence the thought of others through religious intimidation goes against my personal beliefs.

I was brought up CofE and have experienced individuals of many religions and they are very nice people as the religions that they follow educate and promote personal spiritual development which I am all for.

However, the threats of not following religious rules which would result in an individual suffering in some way makes no sense to me.

Religion is about choice and personal spiritual development as far as I am concerned.

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Creeping Jesus, which religion are you? I am Roman Catholic whith other influences by a few other other Christian religions.

What to you is the best religion in the world? Is it best to be a believer, agnostic, or atheist. To me, at all costs, it is best to always believe in the Supreme Being, God.

Why is it always best to believe in a supreme being?
Why does there HAVE to be a supreme being? - mind you it would depend on the definition of supreme being.
Just noticed you have your own religion - a mix of papish and amalgamation of other christian denominations (which would be?). So do you go to church? If so does your church prescribe YOuR religion or just their own?

G

posted on Oct, 8 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Creeping Jesus, religious intimidation is wrong and the solution is individual Spirituality. Spirituality is more powerful than religion and I define Spirituality as "our close and personal relationship with God". Religion should only be used to assist us in our Spiritual development and should never be used to thwart this development. If we feel our religion has reduced our Spirituality, we should get out of it. Discern between religions and select what enhances our personal relationship with God and reject what blocks or decreases our Spiritual development.

God Bless All religions that do their best to enhance the Spiritual development of their membership!!!

top topics

join