It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

doubts raised about kidnapped austrian girl's story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:44 AM
link   
i found this short video tucked away on bbc news website. it brings up a few questions which are a little disturbing to say the least. im not sure what to make of it at the moment.

on the one hand i feel it is a terrible thing to accuse her of lying about whats been going on after what shes been through but on the other, something isnt quite right with her story now that more facts are emerging.

watch this short news story and see what you think about it.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Her mum was complicit with the kidnapper??!!! if thats proved then thats sick beyond belief....

but some people... damn she went skiing with the kidnapper???

Sounds like a serious case of stockholm syndrome to me. Poor kid.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by D4rk Kn1ght
Her mum was complicit with the kidnapper??!!! if thats proved then thats sick beyond belief....

well, the impression i got from watching it is that the mother or both the parents perhaps allowed this to happen? maybe thats what we are supposed to be thinking though, but if the allegations are true then it wouldnt be a suprise if they maybe sold the girl to him.

it could just be another 'blame everybody else' for a pedophile's (and kidnapper) actions which seem to be popular at the moment.

anyway, its a disturbing story either way.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I always saw her on the TV and got the feeling there's a lot more to the story than we are hearing..

I mean.. she said they often went out in public.. but he'd walk behind her some what to ensure she doesnt do anything..

If your kidnapped... surely.. surely.. as soon as you saw 2x blokes.. ud run straight to them screaming and crying ' which frightend chicks can do very well '
ranting about that man kidnapped me and has me locked up help help rah rah.

instantly, these 2x men would protect you, and probably pummel him into the floor.

I think she was just as complicit.

Granted, in the begining she was probably there without her consent..
but after time she wanted to stay.

I saw the photos of her room, she' had a complete bedroom like a normal teenager..
and he didnt exactly look like a strong,built man.
All you'd need is a COAThanger to escape..
she had a whole bedroom of stuff.. there had to be somethign there even a dimwit could find a way to use as a weapon.

Narp, in my mind.. he was sick, he was wrong. but she didnt want to leave!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yeah she got a bad case of stockholms syndrome all right... but what a way to lose 8 years...at the hands of a paedophile whom you grew to love.... oh the mind blooming boggles at it all!

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Its tragic..
imagine having your youth stolen from you in such drastic circumstances..
having to experience and understanding something, most adults couldnt comprehend.

she's definately a strong willed person, in the end.

But I still beelive if you've been kidnapped... and ur given ur own room, ur own belongings and even taken out in public, un shackled... then its your choice to stay from that point on wards.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Natascha even told that she had tried to flee once or twice before, once jumping out of Prikopil's BMW and once running out of the garden (the same way she made her final escape), but said she grew sick, couldn't walk anymore and sneaked "home" so he doesn't notice she tried (Stockholm syndrome, definetly!). Also she claimed she was worried about his mother and the pain it would cause her to learn what her son was really like.

He had also threatened to kill anyone she'd try to contact. I guess that guy had her completely brainwashed.

The "Stern" magazine brought up some rumors that Wolfgang Prikopil might have been in the sado/maso scene (police were allegedly investigating some S/M clubs) and that GBytes of encrypted stuff had been found on his computers, probably videos and pics with her as S/M slave (undeletion and decryption in progress). The "Bild" newspaper said today that Vienna police denied these rumors.

However, as a side note (I won't stress that, whatever the truth may be, keeping a little girl captive for 8 yrs is a HORRIBLE thought) her carers seem to have a hard time with her, as she's bossing them around now like the princess she is... and it is undeniable she's going to make a small fortune now - with the copyrights for books to be written, stories to be told and movies to be made... speculation has it she's worth millions by now. Not that I envy her, not that it could bring justice to her. It just shows how strange our society is.

new topics

top topics

join