It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space-time problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have been wondering if a body of mass in motion in space-time is able to squash the continuum in front of it and stretch the continuum behind it. Thereby increasing the gravitational force in front of it, and decreasing the gravitational force behind it. I thought this is possible because gravity has a speed equal to the speed of light, or the space-time continuum itself has a speed equal to the speed of light. This means the speed of the fabric of space-time is finite and should not therefore, instantaneously react to changes in the motion of bodies of mass on the continuum. This means that there should indeed be an effect whereby the continuum in the direction of motion of the body is squashed and the continuum at the back is stretched.

Now, my other problem with this view of the behaviour of space-time, is that it seems that there is an absolute state of rest, where the gravitational force will be equal on both sides. However, relativity tells us that there is no absolute state of rest. So where is my fault ? Is it in the way I have imagined space-time ? Or is there a fault in my logic ?

By way where is T_Jesus . He knew a lot about these things.

[edit on 2-10-2006 by siddharthsma]

join