It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S.A.: Invasion, Insurrection, or Civil War?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RetinoidReceptor
You guys are going off into mythic realms, not even possibilities.

The US will not get in a war with China and South Korea. China will not attack Taiwan, because not only will the US be angry about it, but so will the EU.

Asia's economies are developing and need western investment and business. Getting involved in a war with the West will have many investors withdraw due to tensions and nervousness that everything will go to hell.

Economics rule the world. Thankfully at this point in time, the world is so economically intermingled with each other that a large war just will not happen. Sorry to burst your bubbles.

Civil war, invasions... mythic? No, slim? Very. Lets just stick with that shall we? Everything discussed at ATS is a hypothetical 'possibility', live with it.

As for the rest of your post, nobody can precisely predict what will happen to draw big countries like China and the US into a fullscale war, theres a wide set of possibilities to do so. We have sat on the edge of disaster before, i dont think economy will stand in the way of the foolishness alot of our leaders displayed in the past.

Now, lets continue Oldham's thread, shall we?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   
We seem to be stalled out a bit, so let's back track just a little. How does our hypothetical insurgency start, and how does it gain the needed momentum to evolve in to a full-on civil war?

Here's one possible start

Try to think this through just a little before you answer. Remember that it's no easy to start a real insurgency. Pockets of resistence do not constitute an uprising. The individual pockets have to link up and form a larger movement. Those of you who know your military science can clarify this if needed.

I've recently had the opportunity to consult on some very rudimentary militia planning, with an emphasis on logistics. Beans and bandages can matter more than bullets in some cases, so keep that in mind as you frame your answer.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Well, with all the crazy stuff Bush has done so far in his presidency, the last year of office will be hell, if he doesn't get impeach with his friend Cheney. I say that because naturally, the presidents do all that weirdo crap they didn't think they could get away with...so with all the crazy things he already did...

Also, today, there's a lot of put options on a lot of things. Maybe a terrorist attack today or next week?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Under the wrong circumstances, a terrorist attack might (might) trigger an insurgency if the government over-reacted to it, or failed to act at all. Anyone care to flesh out an example of what that might look like?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Breaking news:

[Faux-news] 10/11/2006:Four nukes did goes off in the US this morning announced the press secretary at the white house, 1 at Chicago at 8:46:30 a.m. local time, 1 at Detroit 9:02:59 a.m. local time, 1 at New York at 10:37:46 a.m. local time and the last one in Saint-Louis at 10:03:11 a.m. local time. The attacks took place exactly 5 years and 1 month after the september 11 attacks in 2001. The casualities are not know, but the estimations are over 2 millions. All injuried were starting evacuating to FEMA camps.

The government is calling national martial law until they will consider is safe to return to normal. The government suspect Iran of having sleeper cell in the country that could have carried the attacks. Scientists, along with FEMA are going in the affected zones very fast. Scientists are presently analysing samples of the nuclear blast, so that it could lead us to where the nuke was created. The autorithies have arrested at least 10.000 people all over the country who are suspects from terrorism. All borders are closed, all planes lock on the ground.

The president have post-poned the mid-term election until the country is safe. Some ACLU members shouting that it was illegal were jailed for breaking allegance to Bush under the new Military Comission Act. The president is supposed to make an adress to the nation in the next few minutes.

Bush speech:

THE PRESIDENT: Good evening. Today, our fellow citizens, our way of life, our very freedom came under attack again in a series of deliberate and deadly terrorist acts. The victims were in their homes, or in their offices; secretaries, businessmen and women, military and federal workers; moms and dads, friends and neighbors. Thousands of lives were suddenly ended by evil, despicable acts of terror.

The picture of nuclear mushroom have filled us with disbelief, terrible sadness, and a quiet, unyielding anger. These acts of mass murder were intended to frighten our nation into chaos and retreat. But they have failed; our country is strong.

A great people has been moved to defend a great nation. Terrorist attacks can turn to vapor the foundations of our biggest buildings, but they cannot touch the foundation of America. These acts vapored steel, but they cannot dent the steel of American resolve.

America was targeted for another attack because we are fighting them in Afghanistan and Iraq and we are winning. It's a lame attempt to stop us to continue the War On Terror. And no one will stop this holy war for freedom, not even nuclear weapons.

Today, our nation saw evil, the very worst of human nature. And we responded with the best of America -- with the daring of our rescue workers, with the caring for strangers and neighbors who came to give blood and help in any way they could. Thanks for the excellent work of FEMA even with those radiations.

Immediately following the first attack, I implemented martial law and ordered to arrest every suspected terrorist. Our military is powerful, and it's prepared. Our emergency teams are working around New York City, Chicago, Saint-Louis and Detroit to help with rescues effort from neighbors cities.

Our first priority is to get help to those who have been injured, and to take every precaution to protect our citizens at home and around the world from further attacks.

Our intelligence services said to me that sleeper cells from Iran attacked us. That's why we gonna bomb Iran, our battlegroup Eisenhower was by chance in the area, so they are presently preparing for attack, we will show them no mercy as they did with us.

It's not time for elections, our country is under attack and I'll do anything in my power to protect it. Bringing the spineless democrats in power would lead our country to be attacked every day, and would leave Iraq to the terrorists so they could build again WMD to strike us everywhere, this will not happen, because i'll stay in power until we win this war. Those who oppose the defense of our nation, are helping the terrorists, those who are against torture are helping terrorists, and are traitors to this nation and their founding fathers. None of us will ever forget this day.

I hope we'll have a tons of volontary to fight those terrorists because if not, we'll have to declare the draft so we can protect our country.

Thank you. Good night, and God bless America.

Sorry if it's too long.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

Quotes authored by Vitchilo

[edit on 7-10-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hey, look at that. Pretty well thought out. Interesting. You've set the stage for trouble, so tell us how the insurgency starts. Are we looking at a regional insurrections? Tell us what you think.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:39 PM
link   
G'day all,

Vitchilo, not bad mate! Thats a pretty good analysis on your part of what could arise and it'd probably occur along those lines. The point I'd like to make in regards to this is many ordinary people will be angered by the fact that with all the strict laws on security and such as airports etc, how did those nukes get into the country in the first place?

Justin, maybe you could help me and us out here, or anyone else for that matter -
not too long ago, maybe 2 or 3 weeks ago I read 2 news reports either on Rense.com or Alex Jones' website that Bush had covertly enacted a bill that would require every male from 18-45 to be drafted into the military if and when a national state of emergency occured.

Along with this was a report that Bush was and/or is trying to change the part in the constitution that stops him from serving a 3rd term so that he may stay on.

I dont know where these are and will endeavour to find them but I do beleive these two actions would bring on a considerable amount of civil unrest.

In regards to militia's, evenm thou they might have the stereotypical notion of "uneducated rednecks down south", I do not beleive that they all are! And if there was to be any chance of an insurgency and to be effective, educated members of the militia groups should be NOW discussing movements, plans and contingencies with other militias all over the states on how to co-ordinate a joint attack and start a movement with momentum that will gain force as it moves along, aswell as public support.

Yes, the government shall call them terrorist but the militias will need their own public spokesman to counter the governments claims on television with facts and figures to embarras the administration. You cant do this with an iron fist alone but need a mind as sharp as a diamond aswell.

It can work, it can succeed, but planning would have to be there already and before the event.

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have not heard the rumor you refer to, but I can tell you that under current U.S. any actual draft would encompass males 18-45 years old. Under the curent terms of the Emergency War Powers Act, the civilian draft is not automatic. The entire National Guard would be Federalized immediately, and all Federal workers would be shuffled in to various support roles. This law also allows for Presidential succession in the event that something untoward happens to the existing leadership. Does that help?

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
We started this first, but somebody else has jumped in with a thread some of you might like:

American Revolution

posted on Oct, 6 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
The National Guard is already federalized. It's under Bush control.

Also for the civil unrest, at least 325.000 would be under arrest...

325,000 Names on Terrorism List

Also, they are already able to search and seizure without a warrant on children in school

House Approves Strip Search Bill

I don't know if it passed but Bush was seeking having National Guard under his power

And for the nukes, it's an inside job from the neo-cons.

[edit on 6-10-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 03:24 AM
link   
WOW!! well im a perminent resident of the US..And after you lived in a different country befor u cam to the USA. You know what the US is all about???

America has so much power??? So many allies??? It like the cool kid in high school who gets all the chicks!! Anyways...but wut u dont see is that America wants to rule the world. First the Fuel wich runs the world. And then they slowly invade countrys, and make them theirs.

Alaska, Hawaii are considerd american states......Porto rico is coming up next...after that maybe iraq, and then Iran and later perhaps North Korea will become an official US state t too... USA has allot of military power. its not for defense but its for many other reasons. They want to expand. Europe and the US are going to become Union. And there for they will try to make russuia and china join them too and japan. They will try to make it one government ruled by one presidents. And many senators, and state mayaors, which will be countryes. So like germany would be considered a state not a country... I really can see this happening. But off course there will be many wars before that happens, and there wil alaso be cicvial wars. because Eurpean nation then wont want it to be called America, and US wouldnt want it to be called europe..at the end when there is only one type of goverment ruling the whole wourld. The the country would be called Amereuroasiaafri...lol

posted on Oct, 7 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
that's an interesting point of view. I would agree that we will see many more harsh alws enacted before things go far enough to allow an insurgency or even a civil war. The next Presidency may very well be the deciding factor in our rise to power or race to ruin. that's not a lot of time. Just eight years. It'll be painful and forthe most part very turbulent. We could see the Macarthy scare all over again.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Justin there's a very good chance that the camps and changes in the law are about rounding up people of the Muslim faith in America as we seem to be engaged in another Holy war in the Middle East.

As I have said before how long will it before American Muslims kick off in the USA. Maybe there are terrorist events waiting in the wings to bring this about and if the Muslim/none Muslim population kicked off them perhaps these people will be sent to the camps for their own protection, sounds like a good cover story dose it not.

Or the Invasion of Iran/Syria and any other Muslim countries may be the trigger for such events. Its all speculation but one thing is for sure something is going to happen and its going to happen soon.

posted on Oct, 9 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I see what you're getting at. How much of he chaos to come will be exploited by our leaders? Does anyone think they will be able to avoid the temptations that are about to be presented? What would you suggest that the average American do about this?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join